Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Challenge Knoxville
Quote | Reply
Thank You Knoxville. Other than the weather, couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Event was well organized... Hotels were right by the race venue, and cool to walk to market square in downtown Knoxville with lots of good restaurants, and other festivals and things to do that weekend. Staff and volunteers were super nice and helpful. Lots of fit and friendly people. I liked the swim venue with the river being pretty calm and steady. Nothing confusing with the course. Bike course was tough, with some great climbs and felt like going through a rain forest on Sunday. I know there were a lot of spin outs on a certain section of the course and even a few bad crashes... Hope everyone is okay.

I would definitely do this event again.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Knoxville [ncicerchi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1...had a great time...can't control the weather.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree! Love the logistics of a "smaller" race. Left hotel at 545 thinking walk, set up then walk to start would get me there at 630. Well no lines, quick walk got me there at 6:15. And had time to use Portopotty 2 times with no line!

Course was tough but honest. Want to go back and see what it's like with no rain. Very well run event!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ncicerchi wrote:
Thank You Knoxville. Other than the weather, couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Event was well organized... Hotels were right by the race venue, and cool to walk to market square in downtown Knoxville with lots of good restaurants, and other festivals and things to do that weekend. Staff and volunteers were super nice and helpful. Lots of fit and friendly people. I liked the swim venue with the river being pretty calm and steady. Nothing confusing with the course. Bike course was tough, with some great climbs and felt like going through a rain forest on Sunday. I know there were a lot of spin outs on a certain section of the course and even a few bad crashes... Hope everyone is okay.

I would definitely do this event again.

I crashed at mile 18 of the bike course. Cops were there warning everyone to slow down and I did. Guess my nice sticky "dry pavement" tires were too slick for that off-camber turn and I hit the deck hard despite slowing way down. I was holding a great pace before then after a PR swim. After hitting the deck I picked myself up and slowly limped the rest of the bike course. Tried running but my busted hip told me "no way" and I walked back to transition to turn in my chip. At least my bike is OK - I took the road rash and bruises to save my bike. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went down from WI as an early feeler for Long Course Worlds in June. Despite being a bit conservative because of the rain, I won my AG (55-59). I would love to give the bike course another go when it's dry. I hope everyone who crashed on the bike survived with minimal consequences. I personally saw about 6 bikers on the ground. Nice venue and a tough course IMHO.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Knoxville [triitagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wondering-Is anyone else still waiting on their check from the "Challenge" race? Keep hearing its in the mail but...

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Knoxville [pots4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What will the date for 2016 be? The same weekend as Chattanooga 70.3?
Quote Reply