Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo p5 pad position
Quote | Reply
Looking to better my fit. I realize the pads are static and can't move but does anyone have a recommendation for a different cockpit to place on the bike that will give me the ability to move them forward/backwards. I can't seem to get my elbows center of the pad.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 pad position [ezel04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

trying to find a way to move those pads back some, think Ian is also open to any other fit critiques. Generally think he need to be rotated forward more.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 pad position [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he should move more forward and get lower. That's a pretty high position, kind of typical for long course folks focused on comfort over speed but not very aerodynamic. If he moves the saddle forward in order to get lower, then his reach is going to shorten and the pads may be fine where they are.

I assume you've used up the adjustment range of the armpads. Looks like they use a multi position bolt pattern, from looking at a picture of the Aduro in my opinion it wouldn't be hard to fabricate an aluminum plate to move the armpads forward or back, you'd need to drill holes for the attachment to the aero bar and then tap an additional set of holes to bolt the armpad to the plate. You'll add a few mm of stack.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 pad position [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank u for the info!! I'm gonna firnsure try this.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo p5 pad position [ezel04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ian,

You may also need to raise your saddle some as your knee angle in my photo is less than 130 degrees and should be closer to 150 degrees. Saddle up, forward and taking out spacers up front should get you in a much better position.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply