Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Website Redesign
Quote | Reply
Check out the new Cervelo website! http://www.cervelo.com

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Website Redesign [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why they redesigned the website to have their new retired Dentist/Gran Fondo bike pop up first is beyond me
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Website Redesign [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Why they redesigned the website to have their
new retired Dentist/Gran Fondo bike pop up first is beyond me

The above should be the one keyword to answer your statement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least you can scroll over and see the R3 Disc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting... The "headline" on the P2 page is "Iconically fast".

Then when you go to P3 it reads "A huge waste of money".

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Website Redesign [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I laughed out loud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a shame. The old one was one of the most beautifully designed sport-related websites ever, and actually just generally a really great website. This new is a mess. And the MyCervelo section is still running on the old templates, which is totally wonky, plus it has a bunch of errors.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
has it been 140.6 days yet :(
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Website Redesign [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
It's a shame. The old one was one of the most beautifully designed sport-related websites ever, and actually just generally a really great website. This new is a mess. And the MyCervelo section is still running on the old templates, which is totally wonky, plus it has a bunch of errors.
Right the good old "let's redesign because we are bored with the look, and let's have the new design be worse than the old one" and then add on top of that "let's redesign only half the site and leave the other half with the old design because we haven't got the resources or time to redesign everything".

Repeat a few times over a few years and eventually end up with hp.com (speak of a giant fucking mess).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Funniest thing I have read in ages - I am literally crying with laughter :-)

http://mobile.twitter.com/BLambTriathlete
Athlete of the Week
Meet the Team
Headwear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thats great
what does the p5 page say?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Why they redesigned the website to have their new retired Dentist/Gran Fondo bike pop up first is beyond me

Just a trick of the light, but the woman in that photo has Popeye forearms.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rumor says new cervelo triathlon bike 23 feb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpgDckYAt_M

Yet another slowtwitcher..
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Website Redesign [johan2kona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at that video.

But the falco faster than the P5-6?
Hard to believe.
Is there data?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Website Redesign [johan2kona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He sure sounds confident that the new Cervelo will be a significant departure from previous efforts, and pretty much implies it won't be a traditional double diamond frame. If so, wonder if they'll keep the P5 around.

The suspense for me is something that probably isn't on most people's radar, will they go back to long & low geometry? Although logically, they should reserve the long & low spec for the UCI legal frame, so that TTers who actually get aero have something that works for them. A non-UCI frame would be aimed at triathletes, who endlessly debate about what frame is fastest and then drop their short & high aero-brick fits on top of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Website Redesign [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is the new bike will continue to be a double diamond design. All of the UCI illegal frames are really not any faster. It will probably have integrated hydration and bento box similar to the Scott Plasma 5 and the new Canyon. It will probably be a slightly different looking P5

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On whether it comes down to UCI legal vs illegal (and tri specific), it will come down to two factors

• How much gain they can get with a double diamond frame over and above the existing P5? Does this gain justify a radical rethink of frame design ("P6") in a way which outperforms incremental improvements in the existing P5 design?
  • What their intent of their sponsorship with Dimension Data? You could make a case that Cervelo wouldn't put a sub-par TT bike under the legs of the old Garmin team - given the focus on cutting edge tech. I'd imagine they'd want to retain that focus but DD-sponsorship may be a different intent.
  • Whether launching a tri-specific line is a net opportunity for them? or will the exodus of the triathletes out of the UCI legal P line of bikes prevent development of the bikes they intend to show off at the world tour?

Given that they announced the announcement of this new thing at Kona, I'd wager that its a new bike. But this doesn't prevent them from also doing a UCI legal P6 - it just means that they've launched a tri specific line. Since they've used T already... M5? (multi-sport)
Last edited by: timbasile: Feb 5, 16 12:32
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Website Redesign [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
A non-UCI frame would be aimed at triathletes, who endlessly debate about what frame is fastest and then drop their short & high aero-brick fits on top of it.

This is just sheer poetry. Three must be a gazillion triathletes out there who need to read and take action on this point. Chapeau on summing it up so elegantly!

http://mobile.twitter.com/BLambTriathlete
Athlete of the Week
Meet the Team
Headwear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Such a sweet update. Great pics; great info. Need more video!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Website Redesign [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one knows. They opened the code file to move it to the new server and haven't been able to reassemble it properly.

Quote Reply