Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo S3 Q
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any idea how thick the paint and clear coat are on the cervelo S3 bike chain stays?

Had a little issue today.....blown spoke while going downhill at ~35mph=aluminum rim rubbing on carbon chain stay. might be ok, but trying to be cautious, and it is through the paint into the carbon. not sure what a carbon repair would do there as it is less than 1mm(hard to measure there
Last edited by: jeffp: Sep 4, 17 6:54
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S3 Q [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jeff, I'd expect you to be fine. I've had some serious wear and tear on the chain stays and usually this area is quite beefy. Pictures would be most useful here, but I would not sweat it.
Bit of a wacky idea but if you are really worried, lock the rear end into a trainer and manipulate the crank area, hold the rear brake and have someone clip in and deflect the frame, see if you get unusually large movement and put your ear against the frame to hear if anything is going on in there. Don't go crazy though.
Usually these things are cosmetic.
Perhaps a picture with a straight edge rule across the top so we can see the cut with some perspective/size.
Quote Reply