Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is claimed to be faster than it's traditional equivalent!
Quote | Reply
Landing page: https://www.cervelo.com/...oad/s-series/s3-disc

Details:https://www.cervelo.com/.../s3-disc/engineering

They claim it is ~2 watts faster than the traditional S3.
Last edited by: pyrahna: Sep 16, 16 7:09
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is faster than it's traditional equivalent! [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's not what it said
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is faster than it's traditional equivalent! [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
that's not what it said

This is why I love slowtwitch. Thank you slowtwitchers for your abilities to use logic and reason, and your reading comprehension skills.

Edit:
UPDATES BELOW... TRUTH WILL BE FOUND!
Last edited by: Rival10Carbon: Sep 16, 16 6:57
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is faster than it's traditional equivalent! [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is faster than it's traditional equivalent! [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the part I read on link said the air foil section of the fork was designed to be faster. made no mention of complete bike or even fork/brake comparison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have updated my post to have the main landing page with the overall claims, and the detail link with the more detailed information. There is def. a little bit of marketing cross talk between the 2 statements. Sorry if I added to the confusion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I clicked the link for more info, but was immediately taken by Zabriskie's flowing locks. What bike are we talking about again?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is faster than it's traditional equivalent! [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy cow - that is Dave Z! I didn't even recognize him, shouldn't he be wearing a Captain America onesie or something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but I see now what you posted as well.

would be good to see the actual data and test protocol

I still wont be getting a disc bike anytime soon.(read kicking and dragging)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have it on pretty good authority that the S7 is coming out soon - my bet is disc brakes and hidden cables.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty happy with my current non-disc setup. It is def. not holding me back. My lack of fitness.....now that is holding me back :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WFT is up with the seatpost head?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is faster than it's traditional equivalent! [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be curious to see what they come out with from an engineering standpoint. Not in the market to buy anything anytime soon that has discs on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The all-new S3 Disc fork features a re-engineered leg airfoil that’s 19g (~2 watts) faster than an equivalent S3 fork."

really appears the 2w claimed in your post and on site is this 2w, which does not actually say the bike is faster. so the fork is faster, but what about the system?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like I said earlier there appears to be some marketing wiggle room....the graphic on the main landing page https://www.cervelo.com/...oad/s-series/s3-disc insinuates that the whole bike is 2 watts faster. The engineering page says it is the fork. Maybe it is both, maybe it is neither, but I don't think I am stretching to say that they are claiming the whole thing is faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your title doesn't say they are claiming it is faster, it says it is faster :) you are doing your own marketing for free for them just as they hoped
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
duly noted and changed for clarity's sake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd change "claimed" to "inferred" ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is faster than it's traditional equivalent! [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orbilius wrote:
Have it on pretty good authority that the S7 is coming out soon - my bet is disc brakes and hidden cables.

Wait just a minute.

Where is the S6 ?!

Whatever happened to sequential model numbers ... ?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is faster than it's traditional equivalent! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is the s4 by that logic?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orbilius wrote:
Where is the s4 by that logic?

My point exactly !

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is claimed to be faster than it's traditional equivalent! [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I like the paint scheme. So happy to see it in White!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"2 Watts Faster"

Ugh. Cervelo should know better than to write this trash. I know it has become commonplace to use 'watts' as a unit of velocity but doing so is just as sloppy as people using 'literally' to mean the opposite. One would think a company that claims to be so steeped in engineering would care to be more precise in their language when presenting engineering claims.

It's a wonder they weren't able to also make the bike 7 centimeters lighter.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is faster than it's traditional equivalent! [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:

I made myself 7cm lighter after my coffee this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Releases a Disc bike that is faster than it's traditional equivalent! [ffips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffips wrote:
Pooks wrote:

I made myself 7cm lighter after my coffee this morning.

Was thinking the EXACT same thing when I wrote that. :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next