Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P5 Help
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I recently acquired a used Cervelo p5-6 and had some questions if anyone can help out.

1) The fork has been cut for the previous owner's fit. If I wanted to raise the stack do I need to buy a new fork or can I use an aerobar setup like the Tririg Alpha X and use the included spacers? I was going to change out the aerobar setup as I really want shifters with the brake levers.

2) What other aerobars (other than stock and Tririg Alpha X) are compatible with / recommended for the p5.

3) Any slowtwitch community recommended tri-fitters near philly that deal and know cervelo p5.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Help [bilalm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See page 19 of this link to the white paper to see if there is any help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. New fork or use pad spacers.
2. Pretty much all of them
3. No
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where in Philly are you.? I live in Yardley and deal with a good shop (new Cervelo dealer) in Pennington, NJ.....Harts Cyclery......works on many local triathlete bikes and my P5.
Last edited by: gphin305: Jul 1, 17 5:09
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Help [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone. Even more happy about p5 acquisition after today's aero shoot out results. Looking at the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobars to replace the 3T. It seems it is a better option than the TriRig Alpha X.

Ill call up Hartz cyclery and setup a fit. I wanted to go to sunrise Tri in NY as I hear Frank is an excellent fitter but dude charges 400 for the fit and said there would be an additional $400 to take apart and rebuild the cockpit as per the fit?! That's $800 for not even buying any additional parts! Any one heard of this before?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pm me and I'll give you who you need to talk to......and make sure you get a good price
Last edited by: gphin305: Jun 30, 17 14:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alpha will be faster than the Profiles.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Help [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you say Alpha will be faster? Curious.

"Tested against 3T Aduro and ENVE SES (with normal stem). With Rider on both SES and Aeria Ultimate better than Aduro. Aeria Ultimate better at low yaw than SES, with SES edging ahead at higher yaws.

The main goal for Aeria Ultimate is getting the rider into the best possible position. Tririg Alpha X has 216 configurations, Aduro has 18, Enve SES has 256 and the Aeria Ultimate has 2880 (all numbers excluding stem changes, steerer spacers or tilt). Fine adjustment is important when optimising rider position"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also the Scott Plasma uses a slightly modified version of the PD Aeria.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a P5-3 or P5-6? If a 6 - you won't be able to mount the beard and brake cover. If it's a 3 - you can change bars easily.
The Magura brakes can go on any bar, if you want shifting at the brakes you'll need to get satellite shifters on there.

Paying a lot for work on a P5 should be expected - it takes a long time to do anything to the bars on that bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Link to data? I've never seen any suggesting the Aerias are amazing, and even on the Plasma 5 the narrower drop version are quicker.

The Alphas are very fast, up there with the Ventus II and Tulas.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Help [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder where the Enve SES's fit in. I like the look of the Tririgs, but of course they aren't UCI legal (Not a huge issue most of the time). Also like the way the cabling through the stem on the Enves mirrors the aduro dropping down through the back of the stem straight into the frame.
Quote Reply