Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P5X Weight
Quote | Reply
What does a 54CM SRAM Etap Red factory build with Env's weight out of box with no pedals/computer. Just straight out of box. I've heard 22lbs. and up to 26lbs. I want to hear from someone who has build them at a shop of owns the 54CM "Medium" bike. Thanks in advance.

GT
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X Weight [Georgiatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think my shop has a Medium P5-X. I’ll see if I can get the weight of it.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Georgiatri wrote:
What does a 54CM SRAM Etap Red factory build with Env's weight out of box with no pedals/computer. Just straight out of box. I've heard 22lbs. and up to 26lbs. I want to hear from someone who has build them at a shop of owns the 54CM "Medium" bike. Thanks in advance.

GT

Certainly is not a light bike. I know of at least one pro that opted not to go with it and stuck with the P5 because of its weight.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.bikerumor.com/...-plus-actual-weight/

On Biowheels’ scale, the medium frame as pictured with all three storage compartments in place (without the spare tube) came in at 21.96lbs (9.96kg). That’s with the $15,000 SRAM Red eTap build and ENVE wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you want to know the weight of the Lamborghini edition, or the poor-mans P5X?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X Weight [tijmen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
poor man please....im sue those Yellow Y's are weight increasers. ill stick with the base model:)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X Weight [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wetswimmer...your info sounds really close to the 22lbs. i was told. and yes that incl. all avail. pieces if the build so the storage units were on the bike. i could see with cages, bottles, etc this bike might be 26lbs race ready. damn! cheaper for me to diet then the bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike weight means jack shit nothing unless it is ready to race ...bottles full with cages, flat kit, pedals, computer and what ever you put in your storage container. You would be amazed at what some of these bikes weigh. I got my Shiv down to 20 pounds exact ready to race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friend has one. It’s 25 pounds and fast. Aero trumps weight.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X Weight [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why don't you just measure all the extras you just listed and add them onto the bike weight the MFG provides? What difference does that make?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X Weight [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trismitty wrote:

Only up to a 5% gradient climb - then weight trumps aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X Weight [MJI16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
honestly I'm just curious.....i ride a Felt IA IRD and its sure less than 20lbs. I just wanted to know for shits & giggles what this thing weighted out of the box.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X Weight [monsrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monsrider wrote:
trismitty wrote:

Only up to a 5% gradient climb - then weight trumps aero.

Well, he was second overall at lake placid 70.3 last year, and that's got some steep climbing. Didn't seem to slow him any. He's also heavier at 180ish pounds.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Facts trump opinions
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5X Weight [monsrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What goes up must come down...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha sorry i quoted another post not yours! Dont worry you asked a perfectly good question
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just what I want to do haul my ass up to Hawi on a 25+ Pound bike against the wind. LOL
Quote Reply