Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2 Speed/Cadence Sensor Question
Quote | Reply
Looking for advice on a speed/cadence sensor on my Cervelo P2. Purchased bike last year and had the Bontrager Combo piece installed. Have had nothing by issues and it continually goes out. Local shop where I purchased it from has made adjustments, but told me that because there's an oversized chain stay clearance is tight. Spoke with Cervelo and they said that although it is indeed oversized, the distance between is the same. Made recommendation for Quarq Power Meter, but not sure if I want to go that route. Looking for a less expensive option that would get the job done. Anyone have experience with either the Garmin or CatEye Speed/Cadence Sensors? I utilize a Node 1.2 Computer but also have a Garmin 920XT. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 Speed/Cadence Sensor Question [MrEricJohnson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Garmin "inertial" sensors on one bike (Cannondale Slice) and the Powertap "magnetic" sensors on another (Felt B16) and they both work fine paired via ant+ with FR 910Xt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had no trouble with my Garmin GSC-10 on my 2014/15 P2. Though Garmin now has the newer 'inertial' cadence and speed sensors that you may want to opt for instead.

Not a knock on bontrager or anything, I simply have only ever used Garmin so that is what I'd recommend. Just my n=1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Garmin GSC 10 speed and cadence sensor on the chainstay of my P2. If that doesn't work for you, I am certain that the new(er) Garmin 2-part, magnet-less sensors would work - I have them on my track bike and they have been flawless. I use a Garmin 500 for both bikes but I see that there can be some compatibility issues with some other head units: See the chart at the end of the dcrainmaker review.

[edited to add compatibility comment]

John
Last edited by: john.koch: Nov 30, 15 8:52
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 Speed/Cadence Sensor Question [john.koch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume that the Garmin options you mentioned will configure with both my Node computer via ANT+? I seem to recall others talking about how the Garmin would not connect with other devices. This struck me as odd seen as though the connection is with ANT+, so the device shouldn't matter. My current sensor (when working) connects to my watch with no issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry Eric, I was adding the link to the dcr chart while you were responding to my unedited post. I think that the chart should answer your question.

John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin "inertial" scs seem to not connect with some older Ant+ units, such as the Edge 705. I think it could be fixed with a sw update, if they only would
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 Speed/Cadence Sensor Question [john.koch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great info. Thank you!!
Quote Reply