Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2 2012 - UCI Road Race Legal?
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have been googling tube ratios for my Cervelo P2 2012 which I am thinking of converting into a road race legal bike for draft legal ITU races but can't seem to find the answer I need. Based on UCI and ITU regulations, I should be able to meet the saddle-chain wheel axle limitations by moving the saddle into the back seat clamp.

However, I am worried that the downtube/seat post does not meet the 3:1 UCI ratio. Can anyone help confirm this?

Thanks,
Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 2012 - UCI Road Race Legal? [wlsnlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the standard seat post definitely does not meet UCI rules.

You can get the conversion kit, but it is a bit of a hassle to live with. There is an insert/shim thing that the new seat post goes in to, and extra care has to be used to make sure nothing slips, and that you don't drop the shim in the bike.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 2012 - UCI Road Race Legal? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks jackmott! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you in the usa? If yes, you may want to check if uci compliance in the seatpost and frame even matters for the races you plan to enter.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 2012 - UCI Road Race Legal? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, i race in Malaysia. Thanks for the advice but it is looking that I'll have to buy a road bike. thought I could McGyver my way out of it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TT frames have more allowance for "gusset" areas between the main tubes than road frames do.
There's a guide to the frame envelope stuff at the link below, but it's not always easy to measure things accurately, and potentially even different sizes of the same frame may change the strict legal status.
http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/Rulesandregulation/16/51/61/Clarificationguideofrules2012-ENG_English.PDF
Quote Reply