Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2 - Installing fork - Please help
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have just bought a Cervelo P2 and it has now been delivered. Yay :-)

However, I notice the front fork hasn't yet been installed and there is a little kit which includes gluing a reinforcing metal tube into the fork stem at the top.

I was told cervelo do this so that you can cut the fork steerer tube to the right height you want.

I have now done this and it all looks ok.

However, I notice that the lower and upper bearings just sit into the carbon head tube directly. So the bearings would just sit up against the carbon head tube.

There are no crown races as such.

I do see that where the steerer tube meets the forks themselves, the carbon steerer has a tapered shape already which the bottom bearing seems to sit on.

Does this seem correct?

On forks on other bikes, I have seen a kind of metal insert in the carbon frames and also a metal fitting at the bottom of the steerer tube. The bearings then sat on the metal supports.

I hope this makes sense.

Please let me know if this is how Cervelo do this for the P2 and that I am not missing a few parts.

Many thanks.

Colinio
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 - Installing fork - Please help [Colinio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your LBS might charge you $100, tops, to assemble that part (or all) of your new bike. Go find a local dealer that specializes in Cervelo, have them do it right, and you'll be happier for not worrying about whether or not you assembled the steerer right.

Seriously... if you have to ask the questions you are asking, you're not ready to assemble a carbon frame bike with integrated headset.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 - Installing fork - Please help [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big Endian wrote:
Seriously... if you have to ask the questions you are asking, you're not ready to assemble a carbon frame bike with integrated headset.

Ah, integrated headset. Never had one before. Now I do.

Now all fitted and sorted.

Pass.
Quote Reply