Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2 -- saddle bag possible?
Quote | Reply
Does anything work? Any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 -- saddle bag possible? [teege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a spare tube, C02 canister w/adapter, and maybe a dollar bill and a SRAM chain quicklink. Put it in a plastic baggie and rubber band all this crap together. Then, rubber band it or velcro strap it under your seat. It's what I've done for 3 years. Easy, free, and keeps stuff out of the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 -- saddle bag possible? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FOX makes some good ones. I picked one up at REI and attached it under my saddle cages and seat. Fits really nice. It's big enough to hold 3 levers, 2 16g CO2 cartridges, a large CO2 dispenser, and a tube. I can take a picture if interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I assume you're referring to the rear of the seatpost sticking out in the way of a normal saddle bag with the saddle mounted in the forward hole... I don't have a pic handy, but I rigged a small Timbuk2 bag (just big enough for a spare tube, levers, and CO2, no tools for races only; training I carry additional shit in jersey pockets) by putting the seatpost strap through the rear hole of the seatpost and running a couple big zip ties through the upper straps to reach the saddle rails. Quite compact and secure, yet still allows normal access to the zipper opening of the bag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing you're running into issues with the seat bag not fitting over the rear seat mounting hole? I'm having similar issues on a similar bike. I'm using a velcro/rubber fitting made to hold a Genuine Innovations Big Air canister on the seat post (in picture). I 'roll' the tube over itself so it's about 6 inches long and put a 16g CO2 (with the fitting partially screwed on the top). Put the whole deal in the velcro and cinch it down to the top tube in front of the seatpost. The top tube should be small enough there for the velcro to fit everything.

I'm guessing you could wrap it around the back/bottom of the back hole on the seatpost, but I'd be afraid of the tube or CO2 slipping out.

Another option could be to use a 25ci Pedro's blowout bag or something similar. It doesn't have a velcro loop meant to go around the seatpost, only a strap to go around the seat rails. I haven't tried it, but I'm guessing if you turned it upside down, you could put the strap through the rear seatpost hole, and it would be out of the way and secure.

If none of that works, there's always good ol' electrical tape.

Good luck, and please post when you come up with a solution as I'm looking for a clean/cheap permanent solution as well.

Rick Wetherald
Elite Coach - Athletes on Track
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tape the spare tube/co2 cannister to seat post for races. I carry it in my pockets when training.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 -- saddle bag possible? [big slow mover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I tape the spare tube/co2 cannister to seat post for races. I carry it in my pockets when training.

I did similar in a half-iron, I taped an extra tube to the seatpost with a c02, and shoved another c02 in the front bottom of my v-flow plus, and another tube stuffed in the back off the saddle.

I use:

http://www.jandd.com/...asp?PRODUCT_ID=FMTKB

and mount it 90 degrees from the designed mount. The back is now the top and the bag is pretty snug.

I used to use extra velcro to extend the seat-post loop (or simply feed the seat-post loop through the extra hole in the seat-post if you don't have the little 'e' plug), but I don't bother any more and I haven't ever had a problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 -- saddle bag possible? [jjdub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a Blackburn bag similar to the Zayante (older model). The velcro on each side of the bag loops through each saddle rail. Fits 2x tubes + levers. Get one that attached to the rails rather than the post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
most racing singlets and bike shirts have pockets that can (allegedly) be used for carrying various items ;)

I just use a velcro strap to hold co2, spare, and tire lever and stick it in my pocket for both training and racing. For training I also carry a multi tool. It adds all of about 3 seconds to my T2 time. If it's a sprint or olympic distance race, I won't bother carrying anything most of the time.

Under the seat would be a good option too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is needed is a saddle bag shaped like an Adamo saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 -- saddle bag possible? [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've yet to come across a saddle bag that will work with the aero seat tube of the P2. I have a hydrotail rear hydration mount and stuff my spare tube etc. right in the empty space between the two bottle cages. In shorter races when I don't use the hydrotail I do what nickwhite recommended and just tape a bag under the rear of the seat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Xlab bag that works, I've made a Pedro's blow out bag work.

--------------------------------------------------
Yeah, it's a great bike but the engine needs work.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 -- saddle bag possible? [quellish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. Any new saddle bags that work on the NP2?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 -- saddle bag possible? [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much space do you need? I'd be tempted to do this:

http://xlab-usa.com/delta-sonic.html

http://www.specialized.com/...e-vessel-w-tool-wrap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like the old principles hold true. NP2 + Adamo = everything under the saddle. I also use a DSW bag on the top tube for race nutrition, but I reckon that's optional.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 -- saddle bag possible? [spider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just use some more velcro and extend the velcro straps on the bag I have
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
Bump. Any new saddle bags that work on the NP2?

Not a saddle bag, but this top tube bag works quite well, or so riders say.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 -- saddle bag possible? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the brand on that bag, cant read it? I am using the xlab stealth pocket 500, 23 cu in. Is what is shown larger?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
What's the brand on that bag, cant read it? I am using the xlab stealth pocket 500, 23 cu in. Is what is shown larger?

It's made by us, Dark Speed Works. The model shown is the 483D, it's 29.5 cu in, so it has about 30% more capacity. But there are a bunch of other things different about our packs. If you're interested, check into the links below.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 -- saddle bag possible? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ordered one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
Just ordered one.

Got it. It will ship out today!

--
Quote Reply