Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P2C Fit/Size Question [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read this forum a lot before purchasing my P2C. It was the first tri bike had ever ridden. My impression from the forum was that fit was some exact science. People strongly recommend to get a fitting done. I was surprised when I did the initial fitting I was asked several times how does that feel? I thought they would measure me and then set the bike exactly a certain way.

I am not saying do not get a fit but learn everything you can during the session. Keep your measurements, bike and your body. I now log all the changes I make to the bike with also some scoring of what the change seemed to do in the way of power, aero and comfort. It is not perfect but more of a feeling. The one that is really tough is aero. I have been doing some tweaking lately but it has been so windy here that trying to see any aero consequences is impossible.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C Fit/Size Question [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I needed a bike for upcoming IM St. George. I'm almost 6 foot even, but i found a deal on a 58 p2c cm that i couldn't pass up. Im worried now that it is just going to be too big for me, how much of a difference is a 56-58 going to make, and should i look to buy/trade to a 56 frame? Thanks sorry for thread Hijack
Last edited by: sparta070: Apr 11, 10 19:45
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C Fit/Size Question [sparta070] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't say one way or the other on the 58 vs 56 without more info; saddle hieght is a non-issue since the difference falls well within the range of seatpost adjustment, so the issue is the front end... 58 is I think 1.5 cm longer on the top tube and 2 cm taller on the head tube, thus you need to figure out how low you want to go vs how much forward reach is comfortable in the aerobars. The choice of basebar and aerobars will also have an effect on the elbow pad position, so it's impossible to give a set answer as there are too many potential combos.

Using my example, I felt the 56 would be too low in front, so I got the 58 and went with a shorter stem (90mm). That's a little on the short end for stems, which can begin to affect handling, so you should shoot for something in the 100mm ballpark. If you need a 70mm stem to keep from reaching too far forward, you should consider a smaller frame, or if you need a 3-4 cm stack of spacers under the stem, then you ought to look at a bigger frame. If you need both a shorter stem and more spacers, then Cervelo's geometry is probably not for your body type; there are other brands that offer shorter top tubes relative to the head tube for each size ("reach" vs "stack" in ST parlance).
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C Fit/Size Question [JollyRogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
5'10" on a 54cm P2C and wishing that I was on a 56 with a 10cm stem and an Adamo saddle in the rear seatpost hole, all the way forward on the rails. Running somewhere between 4.5" and 5" of drop from the saddle to armrests.
I wish that I was on a 56 because I would like a longer cockpit to make it easier to ride a more forward position. I choose a 54 several years ago because that was the size of my road bike.

x2 - this is identical to my story. I bought a 54cm P2 and now am wishing I went 56cm. I've just put a 120mm stem on mine just to stretch the cockpit out. I'm 5'10" with 33" inseem.

Anyways 5'7" - if your torso is long enough or you go with a 70-90mm stem - you may be ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C Fit/Size Question [CaliRob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here's a nice article dan wrote about this very topic:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...ike_sizes__1173.html

FWIW, i'm just a bit taller than you and test rode a 51 P3C at IMAZ last year. it felt like a perfect fit with an 80 stem and the stock vision bars (low stack). could i ride a 54? possibly but i know the 51 felt great and there was only 1 spacer on it.

shifting gears, cervelo only made alu P3's in 48, 51, & 54cm so check the head tube length if you go that way. i have a 650 P3 and i like it very much (ridiculously good deal off CL, guy bought for his wife and she rode it 3x before she decided she liked her old bike). in the wheel stable there is at present both zipp & hed discs, zipp 404's & 303's and i got ALL of them used off fleabay for less than the price of ONE 700c zipp disc. sure you're limited with your tire/wheel choices but if you watch ebay/ST classifieds people practically give away 650 gear. something your "frugal engineer-nerd" side may want to consider.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply

Prev Next