Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo NP3 matte finish
Quote | Reply
I have the 2014 frame with the matte finish. Picks up grease like nobody's business and is difficult to keep clean. On another thread a poster stated regarding a Cervelo fork: "Clear coat it with a special two part spray can called spraymax 2k clearcoat."

Has anyone added a top coat to the matte finish? I also wondered about some sort of wax finish. Any idea what kind of what these options might add?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 matte finish [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not really answering your question - but baby wipes are the way to keep it clean and matt - works on my black P5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isopropinal alcohol from the drug store works great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still looking to see if anyone has added a wax or clear coat to the 2014 white matte NP3 finish. I can clean it up with citrus spray. The problem is--look at it funny and it gets dirty.

I've looked at car wax. Looks like some possible choices include carnauba wax, or a polymer carnauba blend. Pedro's also makes a silecone polish. Anyone tried any of these?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Magic Erasers...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 matte finish [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know how to clean the bike. I don't need any more suggestions for that. I'm asking if there is a wax or wax-type finish that will keep it from getting so dirty.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really the same case - I have a set of aeolus 7 wheels that are matte and come to make it glossy.

I used very fine compound specialized for recovering surface brillance and car wax
It will not harm your paint that much. So do not worry.

You also can use automobile shiner(electric device) with compoud

Stay home, stay healthy.
Last edited by: Peter kim: Feb 17, 17 16:08
Quote Reply