Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Center-pull Cable Stop on Alpha X question
Quote | Reply
Setting it up to run bare cable to Omega X. Question to ST - do you use a ferrule there or just cut the housing to make contact with the stop? The housing does have to make a pretty sharp turn to fit into the cable stop inside the stem - do you feel that compromises the braking power in any way?

It would be awesome to see some pics of your setup if possible. Thank you in advance.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Center-pull Cable Stop on Alpha X question [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should use a ferrule for best performance. And yes, the angle can be steep, so you want just the right length of housing to maximize the turn radius without gunking anything up. It's a bit sensitive, but with the right length of housing it works perfectly.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Center-pull Cable Stop on Alpha X question [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see. Since I have your attention :)... what's the best way to place a blipbox for ETAP on Alpha X? It is being installed on a NP3, btw.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
I see. Since I have your attention :)... what's the best way to place a blipbox for ETAP on Alpha X? It is being installed on a NP3, btw.

I would like to know this too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just installed mine today. I installed the blip between the bars, flipped upside down under the bta bottle cage. I used the supplied out fron mount that came with with blip box. cables from blips route inside cockpit to the stem. The cable for the clics runs thru the extensions and out the bottom right to the blip. I will try to post picture later but I think it's going to work well.

By the way, one ride with etap so far. Absolutely love it. Probably won't make me faster but who cares, I love it.
Quote Reply