Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cee gees pads
Quote | Reply
Need some new arm rest pads for my vuka alumina

I really like the Zipp pads but wondering if any has used the cee gee pads and how they like them?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cee Gee pads are great. I won't use anything else. Make sure you get the right ones for your bars. Also, they are thicker than most pads so you may want to tweak the height of your arm rests or bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a way, they might be the most important upgrade to your bike. They add "suspension" in a spot that doesn't affect handling or power. I'll be on a long ride with friends and they'll complain about the chipseal and I have no idea what they are talking about. I can feel it, but it's not annoying whatsoever. That's exactly the kind of stuff that keeps you relaxed, which burns fewer calories, which has you starting the run with more energy in bank. And they seem to last forever!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love them. Money well spent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got some for my zipp alumina and they're superb.
As someone said they're probably the best upgrade for your bike if you go long distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CeeGees are the best pads I've ever used.
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my cee gees too, I have them on my zipp alumina
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x7 I think we're up to. Buy them. Buy them now.
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [CLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x8 - you won't regret the purchase. I even bought their replacement velcro kit and 'upgraded' by TriRig bars with velcro that actually sticks to the arm cradles. CeeGees should be OEM equipment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
super comfy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
love em, replaced profile D pads and couldn't be happier....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure they are comfy, but they also get soaked/squishy and heavy.... I switched back to thinner pads for racing....

My shoulders are pretty good shock absorbers... guess swimming enough has additional benefits.

surfNJmatt wrote:
Need some new arm rest pads for my vuka alumina

I really like the Zipp pads but wondering if any has used the cee gee pads and how they like them?
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Sure they are comfy, but they also get soaked/squishy and heavy.... I switched back to thinner pads for racing....

My shoulders are pretty good shock absorbers... guess swimming enough has additional benefits.

Yeah, like plenty of torn-up wetsuits around the house. Makes for excellent, low-profile pads that don't absorb water!

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered a pair of these and didn’t notice that the velcro kit to install was not included. Best to buy the kit or is there a cheap way to get this done?
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a GREAT idea! How do you attach them to your armrests?
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [belilgr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably their kit is the right way to go.

If you buy velcro, make sure if your orignial mounts are plastic, you get the right velcro. It might sound like Captain Obvious....
but I didn't know there is Velco for plastic. Normal velcro won't stick worth a damn to my plastic Profile Design pad mounts.

And I'll add another plus vote for the Cee Cees. Awesome comfort upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [Eileen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The "inner" side of the suits adheres very well to the male side (the "hook") of a velcro strip, so same as any pad in that sense. I cut out the legs (thickest section) and double-layer with glue for extra comfort.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [belilgr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On my first time ordering Cee Gees I bought their kit and it did not last long even with proper preparation. I went to a big box retail store and bought Velcro Industrial Strength and each application has endured well under all sorts of conditions. Plus that roll of Velcro has been used for other things cycling and non-cycling related so I feel like it was a good purchase.

My last application was last year on my old bike after a severe crash and I had to make some updates. I have new Cee Gees for the new bike and really to replace the stock Felt pads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My current pads are permanently very smelly. Considering cee gees but worried that being larger they will just absorb more sweat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are comfy, but remember they change your position due to that thickness. I know fitters use these sometimes when it’s too difficult to adjust front end (P5, etc)

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [D4vid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D4vid wrote:
My current pads are permanently very smelly. Considering cee gees but worried that being larger they will just absorb more sweat.

End of a workout my ceegee's are soaked & always smell.

Pulled them up a while ago & noticed some rust...

I'm considering looking for something thinner with some form of barrier layer in it (or non-absorbing properties).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luv them. If they get stinky or sticky from gatorade, I throw them in the wash(in a mesh bag) and hang dry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another happy customer here also. They really help to smooth out the road vibration, which I really noticed when I swapped back to my old pads one time just for grins.

If you aren't sure which pad you need, call or email them. I emailed them a picture of my aerobar pads and they selected the right one.
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use them with 3T Breeza 2 bars. All day comfort which leads to less fatigue and better handling. The stock pads made my forearms ache.
Quote Reply
Re: Cee gees pads [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have Ceegees also on my IA. Regarding the height, they make a “Race” version that is also slightly thinner to help on the stack. Unsure which models, but I have them for the IA.
Quote Reply

Prev Next