Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cedar Point REV3 bike question.
Quote | Reply
First time doing this race and I'll be racing the 1/2 IMan next weekend.

Race website says bike is generally flat but, "wind could be a factor"

I was going to fly w my zipp disc for the rear and 808 on the front.

Anyone do this race in past years and can talk about the bike course and the wind, etc...?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Cedar Point REV3 bike question. [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did rev3 full in 2013.....a front moved in and was pretty windy even so much they moved the swim to other side of the point. I ran a 90 front, w/ a 90/wheelcover in back w/ no problems. Winds were pretty strong across the causeway, but not to the point is caused any problems w/ the setup. You should be fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GF raced, I spectated 2013. It was pretty windy that day as the previous poster indicated, but I felt I could've ridden fine with a disc and a deep rim front. The worst part of the day was the swim being relocated to the backup location and the half mile+ transition run. Not a huge fan of the Rev3 experience. The worst part was the race announcer bragging about outing hate mail on Slowtwitch. What a tool. Everyone in the crowd was like, "What's Slowtwitch?"
Quote Reply
Re: Cedar Point REV3 bike question. [lhpoulin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, and thank you both. I am actually doing the Aquabike and will stick with my disc / 808 plan and hope they don't relocate the swim.

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Re: Cedar Point REV3 bike question. [daltri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran a Zipp 404 front and disc in the back. Wind gust on the causeway were a problem as was the multiple patches/bumps on the roadway. First four and last four miles of the bike course need careful navigation to avoid flats or worse. The gusts were made even worse with the sand blowing across the roadway in certain locations. The wind made the flags stand straight out and I did not want to ride anything deeper than your 60mm front wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran a Jet 90 front and a Disc rear last year. Windy on the causeway but that was it.

Wind was out of the east last year which you rode into on route 113. Most people over-bike on that section.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please be sure to let us know how it goes as that is USAT Aquabike Nationals this year (I'm sure you know that, duh.) I wanted to do it but things just didn't work out for me this year so I deferred to next.

Patti in NJ

Patti in NJ
Quote Reply
Re: Cedar Point REV3 bike question. [PattiTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
has anyone who has done rev 3 full done louisville or wisconsin? is the bike course harder or easier? or is it supposed to be a fast course?
Last edited by: goregrind: Aug 31, 14 10:04
Quote Reply
Re: Cedar Point REV3 bike question. [goregrind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much easier than Wisconsin. Not a really fast course but not slow either.

Wisconsin is a bunch of 200' rollers, CP is generally flat and gently rolling.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done this race in 2011 and 2013 and real the only hill is when you're going into one of the small towns (which I can't recall the name). Last year I rand a Jet 6/9 combo with zero issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only reason the swim would be relocated is due to weather. Last year with the wind there was some really solid surf on the normal swim side.

I ran Reynolds Aero 72s last year and was able to stay in the bars pretty much the whole time.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply