Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cedar Point(Challenge race) in September questions
Quote | Reply
Going to Cedar Point to race for the 1st time in September. Where to stay? hotels? cabins?
also...are the hotels near to the race start/finish?

General thoughts on this race? thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Cedar Point(Challenge race) in September questions [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never done the race, but have looked into in the past. I've heard mixed things, mostly to do with the swim portion. Otherwise, it's a pretty flat course. Here's some discussion on the swim issues the last couple of years: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/...;posts=19&page=1

I'm sure it sells out, but there's a hotel that's literally on the beach where the swim starts. If you can snag a room at the Breakers Hotel, you'd be set up nicely.
Quote Reply
Re: Cedar Point(Challenge race) in September questions [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done the Half twice, stay at the host hotel, Breakers.

You walk out onto the beach from the hotel and you're at the swim start. The transition area is a ways down the beach.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stay at Breakers -or- there are a bunch of vacation rentals right off of the run course that are well worth it. Either are great options.

There is an alternate, protected swim course available if it is too choppy in the full lake. Did that in 2013; long run to transition, but not bad at all. Bike course can get quite breezy. Run is flat outside of the causeway bridge.

Great option for either 70.3 or 140.6.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plenty of hotel options right across the causeway as well... Only a five minute drive away, and closer to the regular restaurants etc. Swim was great both years I did it, with the shallowness of the lake though the water can be anywhere from quite wavy to totally flat depending on the hour! Great race all around
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just booked my room at the Breakers. Love being able to register 5 months in advance and be able to book a room right next door. If it was IM - hotel would be 3X as expensive and would sell out a year in advance.
Quote Reply