Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cassette for my Renn Disc
Quote | Reply
Just received my new Renn disc, and it is absolutely beautiful.

Should I put a cassste on it, or use the one currently on the bike. I have an 11-21 Ultegra with about 1500 miles.
Quote Reply
Re: Cassette for my Renn Disc [slowpoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try your current cassette...If you have no shifting problems, you should be o.k. with 1500 miles on the cassette...However, if you decide to use a new cassette, you should also change the chain (it will be "worn in" to the old cassette) and that will also mean you should get a new training cassette...So, you will be shelling out an additional $75-100 for two new cassettes and chain and labor...My first hunch is that you will be ok with the currrent cassette...I love my Renn!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm lazy so my Renn has it's very own cassette. If you don't mind taking the extra 5 minutes to change your cassette from your training wheel to the disk that's fine.

Some people think it'll shift better if you don't go back and forth from one cassette to another, but my bike shifts fine.

You'll love that wheel, it's a real bargain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a separate cassette on my Renn Disc (Dura Ace 11-23). I don't want to change the cassette everytime I use my disc.
I have also no shifting problems with two different cassettes. And my chain was quite weared out this summer before I changed it.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not have a different cassette for my disc. I use whatever the course dictates. Usually the 12-21 stays on there though, but when crit seasons starts again I will be swapping it back and forth between wheels. The only change I have had to make on my setup is when I setup my bike for the 12-21 and then put a 11-27 on. The high stop needed adjustment, but it was so minor I do not need to change it.

Shifting should not change with different cassettes unless they are seriously worn. You can always be like my friend Brian, never change your cassette (11-21) or your chain. He probably has 30k miles on that setup. The gears are sharp enough to draw blood running your finger across them. He top 5 in the bike in his races, so he is not slow.

I love my Renn disc.

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply