Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon seat post suggestions/ experience
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about going to a carbon seat post for added shock absorption and overall comfort on my Tri bike. Any recommendations? Best combination of lightness, strength and comfort. I know some have the reputation of slipping in the seat post collar. Also, is an aero shape a big advantage or marketing hype? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon seat post suggestions/ experience [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive had great luck with my BP Blade post
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the USE Alien. It's light, but adjusting the clamp is an incredible pain in the ass.

-Adam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure the seat tube is clean and free of grease.

I like the Corima post. It is very comfortable. I have used the Giant post, as well. The Easton post is much improved since they got rid of their utterly hideous clamp design. I have one with the old design, and my Selle San Marco Suspension Attive Concor is still stuck in it.

Cobb says the aero post is bunk. Get what you like.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon seat post suggestions/ experience [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cobb recanted, many aero posts are good, Giant Burrows posts are not so good, BP Blade is good. Depends on rider for the most part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Specialized carbon post. Not particularly light & not aero shaped, but very comfortable & a solid clamp design. It has an elastomer insert - not sure if its effective or a gimmic (haven't compared elastomer/non-elastomer), but the post is very comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon seat post suggestions/ experience [mrcurtain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used an Alien post as well and concur that adjustment was a big pain in the butt. I replaced it this year when the platform that makes up the base of the clamp cracked. I replaced it with a Deda Black stick, it is very light and a lot easier to adjust.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply