Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon fiber wheel repair
Quote | Reply
I am extremely new to the world of carbon fiber equipment, as I purchased a set of Zipp wheels and a cervelo p2 off of craigslist two weeks ago. I raced yesterday and, due to operator error, my rear wheel fell out and locked up, resulting in my skidding for a while and a completely shredded tire. Because they are tubular, and in my research I saw several times that you can ride a flat tubular, I rode the last couple miles slowly to finish the bike portion. Today while I was removing the glue to put on the new tubular, because I saw you shouldn't mix unknown glue types, I saw that there were several small cracks in the wheel, especially on the edge of the rim. These cracks appeared superficial, and there was no more noticeable flexing when pressure was applied there than on any other parts of the wheel. Since I will only be racing sprint and Olympic distance in the near future, is there an epoxy fix I can use to make them usable? I cannot afford a new wheel, and I doubt I can even afford to send it off to repairs anytime soon, so a cheaper fix would be much appreciated. I sent info and pics to Calfee for a quote, but was hoping for more opinions. I took pictures but am not sure how to insert them into this forum as the insert picture button only lets me insert from URL, and it will not let me copy and paste, if pictures would help just let me know how to insert them.
Quote Reply