Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon Forks
Quote | Reply
My better half has agreed to purchase a carbon fork for my birthday. I have been looking at the Reynolds Ouzo Pro and the Profile BDC. Assuming I want it to dampen out the bumps in the road, and that I am not totally fanatical about the weight, is there any benefit to paying the extra $ for the Reynolds? I'm riding a Yaqui with 650 wheels.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon Forks [scotta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first recommendation is to take the recommendation of Ves at Yaqui. He knows the rake and trail requirements of his frames and can give informed advice. You might as well take advantage of being able to talk to the man who actually made the bike- a rare opportunity. Having said that, I do like my Reynolds forks very much.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon Forks [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you might also find that Ves will recommend a Reynolds since that is what he rides on all of the bikes that I have seen him on. This may be a geography thing though since he is a block or two away from the Reynolds factory. My own personal choice would also be the Reynolds, if not for performance, but also because it is a great looking fork. How vain am I? ;-)

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply