Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canyon Speedmax US Availability
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have an update on their relaease of the Speedmax CF SLX 2018 models? I was anticipating a disc brake version to be released at Kona and therefor coinciding with the product launch but no such love.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [independent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few weeks back canyon told me the CF SLX will be available In Dec. it I’ll be the 2018 model. Looking at Canyon Germany site 2018 don’t have disc so it won’t be a disc bike, only a new blue. color option. No change to the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [wesley1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do they expect the full line of Speedmaxes to be available in the US come December or just the entry level model they show as coming soon right now?
Last edited by: Scottyren: Oct 14, 17 13:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
canyon...what a disappointment. first spring, then fall, now 2018 and only entry level bikes, no options available. you suck canyon!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've screwed up their lead. Basically 3 years to get to the USA.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
They've screwed up their lead. Basically 3 years to get to the USA.

And I was about to say they lost their window with Frodeno not winning Kona on his this year. But then I looked up what Lange was on and it's another Canyon. Lucky bastards. I bet they're wiping their foreheads with relief.

Photo series on Lange's Speedmax - http://www.triathlete.com/...eedmax-cf-slx_306748

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Oct 15, 17 3:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was told today that the Speedmax CF SLX 8.0 will be available late January to mid February.
I am still happily waiting ;)

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I inquired today. The slx 8.0 will be January or before, 9.0 will be may or before.

Pretty stupid how they are rolling these out, imo.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
I inquired today. The slx 8.0 will be January or before, 9.0 will be may or before.

Pretty stupid how they are rolling these out, imo.

May?!?!?!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the good side to this.

The longer it takes them, the larger my cash pile can get. If I had the money RIGHT NOW, I would have gotten the Felt IA.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem they're having isn't so much the rollout of the models domestically, it the ability to have parts on hand as well. At least that's the story the Customer Support folks have fed me the handful of times I've tried to source parts for non-US available bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [jasonwiener] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a big reservation I have with the Speedmax in general. The odds of a Canyon specific piece breaking right before a race are low, I admit, but losing out on a race due to not being able to source a part isn't really something I want to risk. I could give up a weekend of riding if it was a road bike, but tri bikes are a little different.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. I have a 2015 Speedmax CF (the predecessor to the SLX). I've been working with the US folks for over 2 weeks to get a simple set of aerobar stack spacers that are the same interchange item with the current evo SLX. Frustrated would be an improvement. If the bike wasn't so wicked, I would have probably sold it by now.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This seems to literally change every week. Ask again on Monday and they will tell your end of Nov 2017 or end of Nov 2018. How are logistics so screwed up? Are they pushing out US availability because they can't keep with with international demand?

Ive been sort of pushing off making a bike purchase in hopes than I can get a speedmax...but given how screwed up their supply chain is I may just give up on it and go with a buy I can actually buy.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [spectrum5825] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i agree.

im not buying till dec / jan anyway so if the slx 8.0 is actually avail its on my radar as its a great price point, but man they keep changing the dates and it seems their reliability really is not there regarding parts and service.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure which Speedmax youÂ’re looking for but the CF 7 is available in M and L now.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [NotTheFakeJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then they just made it available in the last week...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, definitely. IÂ’ve been checking almost every day and saw them available on Wednesday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They seem to be getting in a few of the SLX models every week or two now, with yesterday appearing to be their biggest shipment to date. I saw four or five total bikes available on their website in different specs and sizes and was super lucky to snag the one I wanted. I feel like I won the lottery! But then again I was refreshing their page 100's of times per day for the past few months. Karl, did you get yours? The rep said it's pretty chaotic around there every time they get a couple bikes in because they go so quickly. If you're signed up for email notifications I wouldn't wait on those because they will likely be gone by the time you get an email. Also, I would't get your hopes up on any customization ability from Canyon (i.e. swapping crank arm length before they ship it) or additional colors / spec options this year as they told me what is on their website is all they expect to will be available at this point and as soon as they get a bike in to the US it goes out the same way. Kind of disappointing as you would hope for tons of customization available from them based on their distribution model, but it's still a great offering with the stock specs. Good luck to all those waiting!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [Itsprettybig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They got 16 SLX's yesterday. And yes, as of now no customization of components. The only one I take issue with is the choice of 175mm cranks on the Medium bikes. I can probably make that work but a lot of people will have to put on a 172.5 and try and sell the 175. Depending on fit I may have to as well.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [Itsprettybig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I have been checking the website several times a day. I finished a swim and saw they were available. Had to drive home to get my credit card.
I have been waiting to get one since seeing them in Austria World’s 70.3.
I am thrilled!
And yes, wish the medium had a shorter crank.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know most of the discussion has been around the SLX, but I thought I'd share my experience with purchasing a CF 8.0. For background, I am coming from a TM01 I rode for roughly four years. I tossed and turned about waiting for the SLX or CF 8.0, but it honestly didn't come down to availability/patience, but more about money. I couldn't justify the price difference at all, so I made the decision to go with the 8.0.

I talked closely with their phone reps many times and bothered, Jay, their social media coordinator more than once! They were all very helpful and their customer service has been spectacular with all my interactions. I made the order and it got here three days later (CA --> TX).

Most of it came assembled, so it was very easy to build. But was quickly taken apart since I was using all my own aftermarket components and wheels.

After some work on it myself, and some help from my local bike shop, here is the finished product! Enjoy.

This is a small. I'm 5'9, a bit more torso than leg. Every measurement I did suggested a small, but I do have most things maxed out. If I could go back, I would probably get a medium. I added the PD stem and hydration system, which fits really well. The bars a bit further apart than I would like (I prefer them very close together, but it's not big deal).

I've spent about 15 hours on it so far and the riding has been really great! It's stiff, but rides really smooth. I was able to get the same position as before. The double TriRigs brakes work fantastic and offer easy ways to swap this out and my race wheels when the time is needed. The bar is stiff and I like the way it climbs when I have to get out of the saddle. We have some sharp inclines around the area.

I did have a pro missile evo bar, but I was unable to use it with this stem due to the location of the entrance and exits of the cable routing.

If you have any questions, feel free. I'll try and help as much as possible!
Last edited by: onceatriathlet3: Mar 25, 18 5:19
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax US Availability [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like the stealth look. All the years Cervelo has been around & they still can't get a decent paint job year to year to year. This is a beautiful bike. I ran into a guy a few weeks ago & he is moving (this week I think) and will be working at Canyon. So they're still staffing & bringing folks on board to ramp everything up. Good thing is, this guy moving to work for them is pretty darned competent when it comes to bikes & bike accessories.He just knows how they all seem to work together.

Definitely keep us up to date, the look of this ride is awesome.
Last edited by: Rocky M: Mar 26, 18 16:25
Quote Reply