Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cannondale wrench help needed...can't remove hollowgram Si crank from CAAD12
Quote | Reply
So I'm trying to remove the hollowgram Si crank from my CAAD 12 using the cannondale tool KT013. I've removed the fixing bolt but I'm supposed to "thread the smaller piece into the crank spindle" before I thread the bigger piece on. I cannot for the life of me get the smaller piece to thread into the crank spindle. Is there something I'm missing? I've attached a pic.

Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale wrench help needed...can't remove hollowgram Si crank from CAAD12 [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Normally goes right in. Can you see anything stopping it? Threads are lined up right? No damaged threads?

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale wrench help needed...can't remove hollowgram Si crank from CAAD12 [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No damage that I'm aware of. It has been removed and installed twice by my LBS since I've had it. Won't thread on. Tried for 30 minutes today.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale wrench help needed...can't remove hollowgram Si crank from CAAD12 [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't use the cannondale tool. I bought a piece of threaded rod. cut it, and ground down one end. Then use Park tool ccp-22.

Remove "retaining" bolt
insert custom made $2 metal rod
press(technically your pulling) crank arm off with $13 park tool ccp-22

Basically this:
http://goosecreekcycle.blogspot.com/2011/04/cannondale-is-annoying-again-aka-dont.html?_sm_au_=iVV6ZJ0BMk66VDNs

or this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29wu4S-PPdg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This MAY be the issue. If your LBS used a standard extractor bolt tool by Pedros/Park Tool/Etc they may have damaged the threads just enough that the Cannondale tool will not fit the slightly damaged threads. I love Cannondale bikes but HATE the proprietary tools they require.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale wrench help needed...can't remove hollowgram Si crank from CAAD12 [rbtripp5485] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I'm removing the hollowgram and will be selling it immediately. I refuse to ride a bike that requires proprietary tools. Switching to a praxis converter BB and Ultegra crank.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is fair, but once you have the tools you are good bc the Cannondale Stuff is really solid kit.
Quote Reply