Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cannondale Superslice
Quote | Reply
Looking for any details on the new Cannondale Superslice. I have seen some spy picts and Ceramic Speed mechanic building one up but have not been able to find any other details. If someone else has some and can share it would be appreciated. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Superslice [independent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it was raced today: http://road.cc/...perslice-ryan-mullen

I'd be interested in cost compared to the other recent disk brake options.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Superslice [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Steve - I saw Michelle Vesterby posted a picture of her's on Instagram as well. It would be nice to get the specs and cost an compare them - I am ready to make the switch to disc although others are not -
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SteveMc wrote:
Well it was raced today: http://road.cc/...perslice-ryan-mullen

I'd be interested in cost compared to the other recent disk brake options.

Well, I hope risers aren't expensive, otherwise that bike is outrageously out of my price range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wasn't convinced a year ago when I saw the Culprit Legend but if, as we're being told, they've worked out how to make the frames super slippery (with excellent braking) then the only downside is the need to get new disk optimised wheels along with the frame upgrade.

The Cannondale doesn't seem to be all that revolutionary, just well executed. I wonder if it is significantly lighter than the other options which is important as the disk brakes do add weight.

Shame for all of us that Culprit didn't get the funding...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SteveMc wrote:
I wasn't convinced a year ago when I saw the Culprit Legend but if, as we're being told, they've worked out how to make the frames super slippery (with excellent braking) then the only downside is the need to get new disk optimised wheels along with the frame upgrade.

The Cannondale doesn't seem to be all that revolutionary, just well executed. I wonder if it is significantly lighter than the other options which is important as the disk brakes do add weight.

"Slippery" enough for 16th place...out of 22 teams...ouch.

It seems to me that the Garmin team "punched above their weight class" in TTT events when they were on Felts and Cervelos...just sayin'...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Superslice [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you saying the brakes caused their crash?

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Superslice [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Multisportsdad wrote:

Did they go down too? I've only heard about Sky (and the exploding Shimano front wheels).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
Multisportsdad wrote:

Did they go down too? I've only heard about Sky (and the exploding Shimano front wheels).

yes, I think 3 guys went down. One of them ended up crossing the line on a road bike

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
SteveMc wrote:

It seems to me that the Garmin team "punched above their weight class" in TTT events when they were on Felts and Cervelos...just sayin'...
That was quite a different team back then with people like Zabriskie as national champ TT, Van de Velde as GC rider, Haussler at a good level, Hushovd as world champion, an endless workhorse like Van Summeren... a very different make up than Cannondale nowadays. From a time trialing perspective the current team is nowhere near what the older Garmin teams could do.
Last edited by: Benv: Mar 8, 17 15:26
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Superslice [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Multisportsdad wrote:
Tom A. wrote:
Multisportsdad wrote:

yes, I think 3 guys went down. One of them ended up crossing the line on a road bike

Well...if that's true, then I'm not saying the might have caused the crash...but, they obviously didn't prevent it either ;-)

Last edited by: Tom A.: Mar 8, 17 16:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the kind words. I too wish Legend was funded.

new stem details will release in about 10 days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:

That's rather disingenuous to Cannondale. Reading some of the autobiographies of top cyclists one is reminded that teams aren't as well funded as we like to think, but how would it be in Cannondale's interest to have their riders on notably inferior equipment that cost them a lot to develop?

I totally get it that disc brakes appear to be an aero disaster visually. In reality Culprit were very close to the P5 in the tunnel from what I remember. Now Cervelo and Diamond, with significantly more resources, have gone down that route. The Andean is spectacular, whether you like the form or not, and the idea of attempting to use the frame (as opposed to just a down tube) to create an airfoil-shape from hub to hub is new to me. Whether it really works is yet to be determined but it's exciting and I'm quite happy to be swayed. If the numbers and anecdotal evidence shows that disc brakes are advantageous then I'll look that way for my next purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SteveMc wrote:
That's rather disingenuous to Cannondale. Reading some of the autobiographies of top cyclists one is reminded that teams aren't as well funded as we like to think, but how would it be in Cannondale's interest to have their riders on notably inferior equipment that cost them a lot to develop?

I totally get it that disc brakes appear to be an aero disaster visually. In reality Culprit were very close to the P5 in the tunnel from what I remember. Now Cervelo and Diamond, with significantly more resources, have gone down that route. The Andean is spectacular, whether you like the form or not, and the idea of attempting to use the frame (as opposed to just a down tube) to create an airfoil-shape from hub to hub is new to me. Whether it really works is yet to be determined but it's exciting and I'm quite happy to be swayed. If the numbers and anecdotal evidence shows that disc brakes are advantageous then I'll look that way for my next purchase.

A single airfoil front to back may be advantageous - and may become the next must-have, much like dropped downtubes and rear wheel cutouts became. However, a disc brake is not a requirement of such a design. In fact, sticking a pair of disc brakes into your "laminar flow, single-airfoil" is only harming it. The Andean is, otherwise, a very logical extension of the Felt IA's design.

However, the Cannondale has none of that wild shaping, and seems to be more like a P4 with disc brakes. If only they made a P4-lookalike with Magura hydros or TriRig brakes... The P4 remains one of the fastest options for a time-triallist, and that's nearly a decade after release.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andy Potts is on the disc brake Slice now

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Superslice [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, because he's been known to make only the best equipment choices.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Superslice [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Be nice.
If you are sponsored and want to keep that little cash they pay, you ride what they give you to ride, even if it is a tricycle.

tessar wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Superslice [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Be nice.
If you are sponsored and want to keep that little cash they pay, you ride what they give you to ride, even if it is a tricycle.

tessar wrote:

You don't if it's costing you wins and money.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Superslice [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is indeed the disc P4.

Make of that what you will.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Superslice [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Be nice.

tessar wrote:

I don't think anyone was paying him to ride Gatorskins and butyl tubes.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Superslice [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
That was quite a different team back then with people like Zabriskie as national champ TT, Van de Velde as GC rider, Haussler at a good level, Hushovd as world champion, an endless workhorse like Van Summeren... a very different make up than Cannondale nowadays. From a time trialing perspective the current team is nowhere near what the older Garmin teams could do.

He knows that - he's just trolling.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 9, 17 18:59
Quote Reply