Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cannondale Supersix Evo vs Giant Propel or Giant TCR Advance PRO Feedback needed
Quote | Reply
I know its not triathlon but nearly all of us ride road bikes during fall/winter/spring on road bikes. I have a 2012 Supersix Evo and thinking about moving to Giant Propel or Giant TCR Advance PRO with disc brakes (possibly defy). I moved to disc for my CX bikes and love them but I also love my cannondale road bike. Would be nice to get all bikes on Disc so wheelsets can be swapped around easier. For those who have ridden both, how do they compare (ride quality - stiffness, road feel, handling etc), sizing comparisons from a fit perspective? I don't have any local shop that has them in stock to test ride and this site is a wealth of knowledge, hoping you all have some info.

Any feedback appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Supersix Evo vs Giant Propel or Giant TCR Advance PRO Feedback needed [orgsxrracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is your setup on the SSEvo? size, stem, angle, spacers (incl headset)
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Supersix Evo vs Giant Propel or Giant TCR Advance PRO Feedback needed [orgsxrracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.cannondale.com/...53-9e50-0746abe4f7f5

Just saying....

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt anybody has ridden both those bikes. If you are on a Hi-Mod Evo now you WILL notice a difference going to a "lo-mod" carbon frame but it will not efffect your enjoyment. It just feel a little duller. The EVO was re-designed after 2012 so a new one would be worhtwhile but don't expect the frame to be a huge change in how you enjoy the bike.

I won't enter the disc brake debate, except to say unless you are changing bikes anyway, it is not a factor. That is, don't get a new bike just to get disc brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Supersix Evo vs Giant Propel or Giant TCR Advance PRO Feedback needed [Mister944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't currently have a high-mod evo. I have considered the cannondale disc, just thought about trying something new. I would have to get measurements, don't have that info handy.
Last edited by: orgsxrracer: Dec 17, 17 11:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely check out the new Propel. It is the first disc brake bike I have seen where I thought "Now I could ride that bike". The design and integration are really nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Supersix Evo vs Giant Propel or Giant TCR Advance PRO Feedback needed [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
If you are on a Hi-Mod Evo now you WILL notice a difference going to a "lo-mod" carbon frame
I made the downgrade and didn't notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Supersix Evo vs Giant Propel or Giant TCR Advance PRO Feedback needed [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent!

You can definitely enjoy that dollar savings then too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had every Cannondale road bike since the CAADs, through the Six13 and all the supersix models including the latest evo himod. 2012 was a nice bike and the new model is just a subtler nicer ride again. As for the Propel I have a lot of friends sponsored by Giant including friends on opposing teams one riding a TCR and the other a Propel. The Propel is a lot harsher ride and on the last day of a three day tour the Propel guys are feeling the road and are hurting a lot worse than the TCR. Personally I would buy a TCR if buying a Giant. Most of my road bike rides not chasing a few seconds of watt saving so I'd rather a more enjoyable ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Supersix Evo vs Giant Propel or Giant TCR Advance PRO Feedback needed [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a Specialized guy so I can't say much about the ride quality of Cannondale or Giant. I can however say from a dealer's perspective that Giant frames are built a bit better than the Cannondale frames. Cannondale still uses BB30 which sometimes start creaking, plus practically every major brand including Specialized has their carbon bikes built by Giant anyways, you can ensure that Giant has some of the best quality frames out there.
Quote Reply