Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cannondale Slice (first version) + Profile Design Cobra basebar and clipons - what would you upgrade (Frame, aerobar, or both?)?
Quote | Reply
I have been scouring the internet and forum threads I still cannot figure this out and hoping some of the aero gurus on this forum could help me out?. I currently have a Cannondale Slice Hi-Mod (2011 Chrissy Wellington version) with Profile Design Cobra carbon base bar and T2+ aerobars. In the pursuit of trying to improve my 40km TT time I am trying to figure out what sort of ballpark time savings I may get by switching to something like the 3T Ventus or Tri Rig integrated bars, and whether upgrading to a Shiv TT module (using the Shiv aerobar) would get me any significant additional savings over this (I actually like the P5 but the Shiv geometry fits me better). I still love my Slice so would prefer to spend less and just upgrade the aerobar if that will get me most of the time savings.

For information my last 40km TT I averaged ~290w for 57mins, and hoping I get get an additional 30-60s with either an aerobar and/or frame upgrade. Assume fit and everything else remains the same as I will transfer my components and replicate my existing fit if I was to get a new frame.

Thanks alot in advance!.
Last edited by: bingobong: Nov 23, 14 4:33
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice owners please help me decide - new frame or new aerobar!. [bingobong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It might more sense to post a photo of you on your setup and go from there. Just a change of aerobars is not going to gain you 30 or more seconds. Cabling can be slightly modified to help with the aero factors.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice owners please help me decide - new frame or new aerobar!. [bingobong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drag jackmott into this, might help if you changed your title, as it's probably discouraging interest in the real question.

Also, you can play with various calculators to get what your drag is. http://www.kreuzotter.de/english/espeed.htm

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What sort of wheels are you running?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am 6ft 150lbs and have done sub 57 40k's on 255 watts on a slice. something is slowing you down besides the frame. i switched to a shiv in 2014 and is a bit faster, hard to out an exact # on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice owners please help me decide - new frame or new aerobar!. [jjh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that that's very interesting and good to know I can still get a bit faster with the power I already have (although at the same height I am a bit heavier and I suspect wider than you at 175lbs...). I am planning on getting another bike fitting done soon (its been a few years since my first fit and I know I can get a bit lower/longer, so the other part of the equation for me is to get a ballpark idea of what sort of time savings I could get by upgrading my aerobar and/or frame to see if worthwhile (>30s for me is worthwhile) so I can bring it to the bike fit too. I keep seeing these impressive drag savings on the new superbikes like the P5 and Shiv vs "regular" bikes, and the fast bars like Tririg and Ventus bars vs "regular" bar setups but unfortunately my Slice frame and Profile bar+clipon setup don't figure in hardly any tests. Cheers and thanks again.
Quote Reply