Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cannondale Slice
Quote | Reply
Does anyone ride the new Slice? I don't hear much about it on here.

Any good?
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice [cbump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should use the Search tool on this site, then filter comments through your own experiences and race expectations. As far as comments, you are going to see quite a few dismissing the bike as not race worthy. My experience - as some one about to try road triathlon (long course) after 10+ years doing other endurance events - with my purchase of a Slice last October is positive. I got a complete bike with Ultegra Di2 for $3200. I took the reduced price savings and: replaced alloy base bar with Zipp carbon, installed second position Di2 shifters with new brake levers, and finally added HED Jet 6 Black wheels. After a solid bike fit, I am very happy with the bike, comfortable, and look forward to racing. I believe the setup is relatively light for a tri bike (17 lbs) which matters training where I live and intended races. Last I looked, Cannondale had not yet updated the Slice and simply re-branded the bike as the 2017 model. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is mostly about your position. There are longer and lower options out there. I have a slice that I purchased before my first race when I knew a lot less than I do today. There is a lot of value at the slice's price point (if you can get a good fit on it).

I don't see enough time savings from a faster frame. So, I still ride the slice today with a bunch of lower cost modifications (aero base bar vs round stock bar, tririg brakes, disc cover, etc...).

Would I buy another slice today? Probably not.

Would cannondale cut the price if the bike was well received? Nope.

YMMV
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes
I'm an happy rider! Climb well, aero and nice look for mine (black ink version)
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice [Leratz06210] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in action (see picture)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cbump wrote:
Does anyone ride the new Slice? I don't hear much about it on here.

Any good?

The new Slice is "SuperSlice"
has not been released to the retail consumer market as of yet. You can find it under certain "Pros" and other individuals. Based upon "word of mouth" and photos, it appears the SuperSlice is longer (reach) and lower (stack) than the previous generations that you can still purchase at a good price point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing wrong with the Slice, but you can get a more modern designed frame for around the same price. Personally, I'd much rather have the Shiv, or buy a good used high end bike for the $2K it costs for the entry level Slice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Slice. I like it. I was on a Specialized Transition before and I think the Slice is faster, and I love the Di2 shifting. I've PR'd twice on it, sadly, not because of my engine, but gladly because of the bike. No regrets, other than not being born a trust baby, going into dentistry, or marrying rich.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have a slice for my every day training bike, I put all my old tech on it, it's just about 18lbs with the zipp 404s on it, and really I kept it because it is comfortable, light, and fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fill in the numbers Cannondale:

Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday the Cannondale website removed the "Slice" from the road section. I'm assuming the new SuperSlice will be introduced next week.
Quote Reply