Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canadians - Spawn Furi?
Quote | Reply
Looking into first kid's bicycle. I'm completely on board with getting an absurdly priced toddler 14" bike and debating between the Islabikes Cnoc and the Spawn Furi (Gremlin). The Spawn is sort of at an extreme price point, but I appreciate the two V brakes vs. the requisite coaster brake on the US Islabikes. Anybody have experience with either bicycle? The Spawn is from the North Shore which I find to be a wonderful and mystical place and the Furi looks rad, but the price difference is the cost of a Walmart Huffy.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians - Spawn Furi? [scarbelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My son has a Spawn Banshee and it has been great. We ride at Whistler a lot, and his previous bike (heavy, coaster brake, solid tires rather than tire/tube) was not doing the job. We'll likely move to the Savage next and try to avoid the awesome (but a little crazy) Lil Shredder. Have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians - Spawn Furi? [scarbelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Click Bait.
I assumed this was about Sanders, McMahon and Symonds.

As you were.

Quote | Reply
Did you end up getting the Spawn Furi? I am looking at one for my four year old and wondered if you had any thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians - Spawn Furi? [delfinbeth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did. Thankfully didn't incur any duty and a reasonable deal with exchange rate. Also bought it for 4 year old. Mostly I like that it had brakes front and back and a freewheel hub. It's a nicely built bike. Otherwise I figure the Islabike is comparable. He picked it up immediately from a balance bike. Let me know if you have any particular questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have owned a Banshee and now have a savage. I am incredibly satisfied with both. Light, quality components, durable, and incredible resale value. Instead of being an impossible to tune, friction galore, heavy beast, they are very nice bikes.

http://www.speedtheory.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians - Spawn Furi? [Mr. Green] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input! I ordered a Furi last night. Fingers crossed it arrives by Christmas. I also ordered the shorter stem that they ship with the Canadian version as my son is a bit vertically challenged. I find it interesting that they didn't have to put a coaster brake on the US version along with the different stem and chain guard. It seems like all the companies that sell in the US are required to have coaster brakes. I tried to buy the Canadian version just to be sure but of course wasn't able to. Should be fun to get it all set up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! Both my wife and I are happy with buying the Furi. The way my son fits on it compared to a 12" bike is great. If I recall it was about 5 or 6 days transit between BC and Washington mostly pending customs.
Quote Reply