Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Can you take this 4-question survey on stationary cycling?
Quote | Reply
i'm researching trainers and training and virtual racing, i have a 4-question survey. Can you take it?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Can you take this 4-question survey on stationary cycling? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done.

Would also be interesting to measure relative interest between structured power-based workouts and Virtual Racing, i.e. are they seen as complements or substitutes.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you take this 4-question survey on stationary cycling? [bgoldstein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're right. i just added it. if i did it right. i'll lose 15 or 20 of you who didn't have a chance to respond, but if i get enough responses it'll catch up and generate some statistical relevancy.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Can you take this 4-question survey on stationary cycling? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'm researching trainers and training and virtual racing, i have a 4-question survey. Can you take it?

This has got to be the only 4-question survey on the market featuring 7 questions...

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that was more than 4 questions.

done...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a 7-question survey. I am not pleased with the duplicitous manner in which you go about running this site and this survey in particular. I had only planned to answer four questions so I'd like the extra 37 seconds of my life back. My Nigerian prince friend will be in touch shortly for the terms of my remuneration.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Can you take this 4-question survey on stationary cycling? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, to all of you who noticed my 4-question survey has more than 4 questions. it began with 4 questions. then it grew. you have my permission to answer the 4 questions of greatest interest to you ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
answered

I would think that percentage of time spent on trainer would influence the amount willing to be invested in various options - 100% of training year round for me is indoors, so not being bored is a significant influence on amount i'm willing to invest in various options - dedicated bike(s) (road and tri with power meters), system, trainer, entertainment etc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done. I feel like the "structured training" option isn't perfectly clear. I left a comment in the survey, but (for example) I use TrainerRoad, but I don't use a TrainerRoad training plan. I have a coach who prescribes my training regimen and I build those workouts in the workout creator and then ride them.

Maybe I just don't understand the other options but I could just ride TrainerRoad in any old haphazard fashion all winter. I don't think that the description of "structured training" would necessarily apply. Conversely, I could use heart rate or speed at a very prescribed rates, intervals and durations. It would be very "structured training" but I just wouldn't use any of the fancy software.

I know you don't want to change your survey terminology now, but it seems to me the concept you're describing is more like "training platform" or "training software" than "structured training"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be precise, it's 7-question survey!
Quote Reply
Re: Can you take this 4-question survey on stationary cycling? [Me_XMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slow an has had trouble counting since he fell off his indoor trainer and sustained a concussion. That also accounts for some of the vagueness of the questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I answered the 4 questions and the 3 bonus questions as well.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you take this 4-question survey on stationary cycling? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this pass or fail?

Done

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
done...all 7

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done!

Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done

My roller rides are structured power rides with an on-bike PM and I watch re-runs of the spring classics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have just completed every question in your survey.....you're welcome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish there would have been a 'dumb trainer plus HR' option. There were three power options, then just 'wristwatch'.

Doesn't cover how I think most of the non-st public trains, nor what LTF pushes you toward. Now that they're an IRONMAN partner, I think it's relevant. :)

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply

Prev Next