Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue)
Quote | Reply
Thinking of buying one and just wanted some ideas for the accessories and water cages, etc. Generally to see how sweet you guys made the bike look, kinda get a feel for the finished product.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
Thinking of buying one and just wanted some ideas for the accessories and water cages, etc. Generally to see how sweet you guys made the bike look, kinda get a feel for the finished product.
Bikes got parts in different places right now (just got it), but I really like the White/Blue Fizik bar tape.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post pictures when you get it together
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Accessories: Profile Design Aero HC BTA, Profile Design Frame Bottle, Xlab P-cage ziptied behind saddle, and Dark speed works 483D speed pack

Not much, but she is much faster than my RS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will also attempt to get pics of mine up next chance I get. I'm in the process of switching stems and cutting the steerer tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [nathan.kiser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I am trying to figure out the hydration part (never had a tri bike before). The bottle in the rear, do you pull out to drink and place back or is it used to replenish another bottle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
So I am trying to figure out the hydration part (never had a tri bike before). The bottle in the rear, do you pull out to drink and place back or is it used to replenish another bottle?

I use it to refill my bta bottle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or, you can run a regular bottle in the front as well. In training, just replace the two when the front is empty (just like you would on a road-bike). In races, chuck the old one away in and replace the rear at an aid station.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [nathan.kiser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is seriously a lot of liquid on that bike. Do you drink all of that?
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [spider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I'm going for over 4 hours and my route doesn't take me by a store. Lower Alabama doesn't always have places to refill. Oh and it is 8 billion degrees down here with 2000% humidity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a very relaxed fit. Do you have back trouble?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For heavens' sake man don't post a picture of your 2014 Cervelo P2 up as requested on this thread asking for people to post up pictures of 2014 Cervelo P2s, unless you are prepared to have your hydration setup and position criticized!! How very dare you!!

That said, your elbows are higher than your arse. What's that about?
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nightfend wrote:
That is a very relaxed fit. Do you have back trouble?

Yes.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
For heavens' sake man don't post a picture of your 2014 Cervelo P2 up as requested on this thread asking for people to post up pictures of 2014 Cervelo P2s, unless you are prepared to have your hydration setup and position criticized!! How very dare you!!

That said, your elbows are higher than your arse. What's that about?

I really didn't want to go into I only run this when I'm doing a race x distance and this setup when I do other things so I just put it all out there. Folks can criticize me all they want, I'm still happy with the way things are with my setup and position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a question I know that has been asked before but I'm not sure I've ever seen a good answer (or on that I liked) :

Given that the 2014 P2 and P3 frames are exactly the same why would someone purchase the P3 over the P2?
Does it simply come down to a slightly different fork and component set?

I'm excited to see what is next from Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the picture. Btw, I too would be liking for a 3 bottle solution for the long training rides. A couple of questions.

1. Where do u keep the spare tube, etc? Is it in the top tube bag or is that bad just for nutrition?
2. That aero frame bottle seems large. I'd it easy to handle while riding? Why not a standard bottle (I guess u wanted aero)
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [achillies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
achillies wrote:
Here's a question I know that has been asked before but I'm not sure I've ever seen a good answer (or on that I liked) :

Given that the 2014 P2 and P3 frames are exactly the same why would someone purchase the P3 over the P2?

Yes. Fork and group. Plus, no DI2 option with P2. The P2 is hands down the pound for pound value on the market. I'm tempted to get one.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [achillies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
achillies wrote:
why would someone purchase the P3 over the P2?

Prestige. Same reason people get more expensive exterior options on a vehicle when otherwise identical. Plus the P3 has a better front-end setup and electronic shifting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
achillies wrote:

The New P2 is an absurd deal on speed. Given how many serious triathletes will be swapping front-ends anyway, and that Di2 can be easily added for less than the P3-Di2 build, I was annoyed the P2 came out a month after I got my P3. I much prefer the paint scheme I have, fortunately, but the New P2 is an amazing example of trickle-down bike tech. Compare it to what you could get for that price ten years ago, or even five.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
Thanks for posting the picture. Btw, I too would be liking for a 3 bottle solution for the long training rides. A couple of questions.

1. Where do u keep the spare tube, etc? Is it in the top tube bag or is that bad just for nutrition?
2. That aero frame bottle seems large. I'd it easy to handle while riding? Why not a standard bottle (I guess u wanted aero)

1. Either in the bag or on my back during training rides.
2. Not super easy to handle, but I only refill my BTA from it. It was free.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Few key differences that made me get the NP3 over the NP2:

Aero bars are very different (3T with teardrop shape vs the rounder alu Profile) and probably lend to some performance difference.

Also, the 11 speed ultegra vs the 10 speed 105 (for just 2014 I guess). From 2015 model year and on, though, I would assume the 105 group-set will be 11 speed too.

Availability: some bike shops might have more sizes in the NP3 over the NP2 (as in my case).
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
The New P2 is an absurd deal on speed. Given how many serious triathletes will be swapping front-ends anyway, and that Di2 can be easily added for less than the P3-Di2 build,

I built a P2 for a client with DA Di2, Quarq Riken and custom training wheels (only stock parts were brake calipers in the end) for only a few percent more than the RRP of the P3 Ultegra Di2. Unfortunately I don't have pics to add to the thread.

It's very hard to go past the NP2 for Speed ROI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So u use the frame bottle and the rear seat bottle to refinish. Btw, I was at a shop over the weekend and he showed me the 2015 catalog. The p2 gets the same paint job but goes to 11 speed. The p3 it's mostly all black (which I liked better then the p2). The p5 was mostly red which I didn't care for. The p2 is the better value but I like the paint job of the p3 better. It's it worth the extra grand or so
Quote Reply
Re: Can I see pictures of your new 2014 Cervelo P2 (white and blue) [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm just bitter because I spent the money on the new P3 right before the new P2 was announced as well. The kicker was that my previous bike was the P2C 2011.

This reminds me of when the iPhone first came out for $800 dollars and a month later Apple lowered the price to $300.

I suppose that's the risk you run for being an early adaptor. All that speed was just too enticing.

Some guys have all the luck :).

To current 2014 P2 owners: Have fun flaunting your new P2's on this thread and making guys like me just look plain idiotic.
Last edited by: achillies: Jul 21, 14 21:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But you get the red paint scheme for the extra $. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next