Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Campy Q - tech
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of campy chorus brakes. the front one does not move on its axis (the screw that goes in the fork). However, the rear one keeps moving all the time and I find it constantly on my rim.
I told that at to the LBS where I bought it and they told me that the front and rear are different, it is normal that the rear one moves around it axis (the screw that goes in the frame)...
my Q is: is it correct? intuitively, I don't see why it would be one way for the front and one way for the rear but in any case, I don't want the darn brakes to touch my rim...

so, LBS dude is a crook?
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Q - tech [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, your LBS is an idiot. There is no reason at all that a brake should not sit square...as a matter of fact campy offers much more adjustment in the centering of the brakes than ShimaNO or Mavic offer. I can not tell you what is wrong with out looking at it - but I am certain that there is a setup issue (hard to beleive as it is no diffrent from any other brake out there really).

The rear brake is NOT a dual pivot brake as it is said (and I dont buy it) that there is no reason for the extra power of the dual pivot - vs - the added weight for the back wheel...rear brake is a standard single pivot caliper.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Q - tech [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, that's what I thought...my LBS is not an idiot...just dishonest...probably too much of a hassle to send the brake back...
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Q - tech [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you need to send the brake back, it probably just needs to be installed properly... Take it to another shop that knows Campy and they can probably get it sorted out for you.
Quote Reply