Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Campagnolo TT shifter and rear derailleur question compatibility
Quote | Reply
Hi Gang,

I am building up a bike from random Campy pieces from the garage, this is a Campy TT build.

I know in 2015 Campy went with a redesigned rear derailleur, my question is are the 11 speed Record mechanical shifters
compatible with all Campy super record 11 mechanical rear derailleurs or are there compatibility issues with the 2011 designs compared to 2015 and newer designs?

Last piece I need for the build is the rear derailleur.

Last edited by: pernfilman: Jan 5, 18 18:09
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo TT shifter and rear derailleur question compatibility [pernfilman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How's their TT shifter Durability? I've heard some people having the SRAM ones fail epically and I've always wandered about campy.
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo TT shifter and rear derailleur question compatibility [pernfilman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can’t go down unless the shifter is marked with an A on them I believe, get the newer rear derailleur, the 2015 will work, 2014 and earlier is when you run into compatibility issues..I’ll look for the PDF and post it for you

Here’s the shifter tech sheet from Campy,
https://www.campagnolo.com/...nolo_Rev00_05_15.pdf
Last edited by: mike s: Jan 5, 18 20:09
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo TT shifter and rear derailleur question compatibility [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
How's their TT shifter Durability? I've heard some people having the SRAM ones fail epically and I've always wandered about campy.

No issues what so ever. Had 11 speed Campy mechanical on my old tri bike. Ran perfect!

The construction is also quite different than the SRAM one...

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Last edited by: audiojan: Jan 6, 18 5:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you'll be fine. I've been running 2014 SR mechanical rear derailleur with 2016 shifters (although they're on one of my road bike, so brifters, not barend). Shifts perfect and darn near to my SR EPS.

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo TT shifter and rear derailleur question compatibility [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most Campy parts are bombproof.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
11s Campagnolo derailleurs made 2009-2014 need pre 2015 shifters.
11s Campagnolo derailleurs made after 2015 need post 2015 shifters, as noted, carrying the label "A" in a square box (denotes compatibility).

Cable pull ratios vary slightly between the year-groupings. You may get a cross-matched pair to work (as one post here claims) in some circumstances but it's not how they are designed to be used. Also, definitions of "work" vary. As a mechanic on the pro circuit and technical manager for Campag in the UK, I frequently see with bikes at events that I am told "work perfectly" that I think are absolutely appalling ...

NB for non-bar end - Athena (pre 2015) RDs should not be used with CH, RE or SR drop bar (ErgoPower) levers, likewise Potenza (post 2015) should not be used with post 2015 CH-RE-SR Ergopower levers. In some cases you can get them to set up initally but they are not a correct match and adjustment will start to drift quite quickly. For correct performance, use Athena with Athena, Potenza with Potenza where the levers and derailleurs are concerned.

Durability is extremely good - however PLEASE TAKE NOTE not to undo both the inner and outer assembly screws at the same time when mounting the shifters.
It does say this in the instructions ... but ...
Mount the shifter bodies, refit the levers into the body, then adjust the angle of tilt. If you undo both the screws at the same time you can end up mis-aligning the internal assembly and for most users, at a minimum that's a trip to the bike shop and for a good many bike shops, that's a return-to-Service-Centre issue as most don't want to undertake fixing it as it entails taking the whole shifter lever unit apart.

Velotech Cycling Ltd
Nationally recognised training for cycle mechanics
Campagnolo main UK Service Centre
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo TT shifter and rear derailleur question compatibility [gfk_velo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you everyone for your help, now I can finish this build
Quote Reply
Re: Campagnolo TT shifter and rear derailleur question compatibility [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are we talking about the inner workings being different from sram/ zipp?
Quote Reply