Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship
Quote | Reply
Hello!! I will race the 70.3 World Championship in Chattanooga (september). But there is a 70.3 in may. The course will be the same?

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [mariutti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding is the swim and bike course will be different. Some of the swim will be upstream. Bike course will be harder.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [mariutti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last I heard was that the initial Championship courses would be released in January, IIRC what Brian the RD said.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was wondering the exact same thing! I am racing both races next year and was hoping the venue was the same at least.?
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've read multiple times that the WC course in Chattanooga will NOT be the same as the 70.3 course in May. Supposedly, the WC course will have a more difficult bike and run. Only the RD knows for sure
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are working on finalizing those courses now. Im still shooting for January to release the maps. Tentatively swim, bike and run will all be different.

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swim_corey_run wrote:
I was wondering the exact same thing! I am racing both races next year and was hoping the venue was the same at least.?

I'm sure transition and IM Village will be at Ross's Landing still.

Such a great venue. Parked at the hotel and didn't drive all weekend for the 70.3 in May.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No guarantees on the venue stuff either... expo could move and may have two transitions...
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
No guarantees on the venue stuff either... expo could move and may have two transitions...

The way it's setup now, it's so nice logistically. It would be a bummer if I had to drive out to transition to drop off my bike (or retrieve afterward). Walking from the hotel to everything is sweet. #keepchattanoogagreat

Have you looked at this possible swim course (starting on Ross's landing side instead, and obviously one loop)?

Unless, of course, you are planning on going straight downstream. Then forget you ever saw this.

Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea of when the accommodations will become available for booking?
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimming upstream will be the coolest. I am super jealous!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol........... yes- in which case, forget!
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jerkstore đŸ˜‰
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After dealing with 2 transitions in NC this weekend I'd have to agree. Cabo wasn't a big deal but the traffic in Wilmington sucks. I love how easy IM Chatt is and it's also great for family to spectate.
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim start and finish likely at Ross's landing if weather cooperates. Will have alternate course ready if it doesn't. Transition decision is based on timelines and getting men loaded in at a decent hour. Lots to work through. Should be a swim, bike, and run worthy of the race designation...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
Swim start and finish likely at Ross's landing if weather cooperates. Will have alternate course ready if it doesn't. Transition decision is based on timelines and getting men loaded in at a decent hour. Lots to work through. Should be a swim, bike, and run worthy of the race designation...

You've done well with the 70.3/140.6 so I'm looking forward to what you have planned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:

That parking lot at Ross's landing is huge. I'm sure it can worked out for a single transition. (Men's Bike check 4p-7p?) Not exactly how sure Austria did it, but they had the regular 70.3 on Saturday and the WC on Sunday. #keepchattanoogagreat

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hotel recommendations close enough to walk to transition for 70.3 in May? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Zell, if I remember rightly they had the racking on the usual football field. There was 2 areas one for the standard 70.3 and the other half for the WC.
They used the same tents and bag racks, WC competitors racked in the afternoon of the standard race. As standard competitors removed their kit the WC athletes went in.

It's only impossible if you stop to think about it.
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri3ba wrote:
Hotel recommendations close enough to walk to transition for 70.3 in May? Thanks

I like the Hilton Garden Inn (311 Chestnut), it's only two blocks. The Courtyard and Residence Inn are closer.

But really you can walk from all the hotels down Chestnut Street: Hampton, Doubletree, and the new Holiday Inn. Springhill Suites is a little more of a hike down Riverfront Parkway and not near the restaurants.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hamilton Place hotels too far out?
If not, which specific one would be best?
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Y-Tri wrote:
Hamilton Place hotels too far out?
If not, which specific one would be best?

That's about a 20 min drive to the race site. Just depends on what you want to do. I like being able to walk to everything, as very few races I do, that's even an option. Obviously the hotels downtown are quite a bit more ($225 to $300 per night).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw that the May race sold out already. Is that usually the case?
Quote Reply
Re: CHATTANOOGA Chattanooga 70.3 (may) and World Championship [petermck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
petermck wrote:
I saw that the May race sold out already. Is that usually the case?

Yes. They've only had it 2 years, but sold out both years. Not sure how quickly it has sold out previously.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The inaugural race sold out on the first day it opened. Last year it was open for a couple months kind of like this year. I have raced it both years. Chattanooga is a great host city and the course is lots of fun. Atlanta is a little over an hour south so you have a lot of people that sign up quickly with it so close to home.
Quote Reply

Prev Next