Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CDA Update
Quote | Reply
Weather is beautiful in CDA - Mid 70's and sunny - water is only 60 degrees but most athletes at the Gatorade morning swim said it was fine. Heather Fuhr swam yesterday and told me she was very comfortable.

We had over 700 swimmers on Thursday and expect 900-1,000 this morning. Got to meet Jodi and Paulo! Jodi looks ready to race and was excited about being in CDA! Remember to pick the winner of the race and Pick Jodi's time for the Gatorade hat!

Lots of people at the expo yesterday - I helped Michael put up his Infinit inflatable - very nice bottle - not quite as big as my Gatorade bottle, but still a nice addition to his expo booth!

Kids fun run had 300 last night and tonight is the pre-race dinner. Greg Welch is on-site doing Ironman Live, so go to www.ironman.com for pre-race coverage.

Z
Quote Reply
Re: CDA Update [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice meeting you yesterday!

The water is fine. I'm glad I have a full suit, but was plenty toasty yesterday. The air temp will be what's cold on Sunday morning!

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
headed to the swim this morning, can't wait to check everything out.

Quote | Reply
Sounds like to is going to be ideal conditions, but then you never know what will happen on race day there!
Quote Reply
Re: CDA Update [ChadJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might be a tad windy- gusts to 25 MPH, but the course is so sheltered that it shouldn't be that much of a problem. I'm definitely putting a long sleeve shirt in my run special needs though!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: CDA Update [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JODI JODI JODI!!!

Where was everyone this morning at 10am? Glyn and I were at the Gatorade Swim bottle area at 10am and I didnt see you or even Paulo in the ORANGE shirt?!?!?!

Maybe I'll see you tonight at the welcome dinner....are you going?

I am off for an afternoon at the spa CDA relaxing....ahhhhh the life.

See you tonight.
Margaret
Quote Reply
Re: CDA Update [rambo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! I'll be there tonight for sure! I got there late because I was getting ART. Was at the Gatorade swim at 10:20 or so. I'll see you tonight!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A quick hello to Paulo, Jonnyo, Jodi, and Miranda.

It was great to meet you all in person after the briefing tonight....

Jonnyo: check your PM's. I sent you some info on a good trail run in the area.

Paulo: I've got that Titanflex comment on tape -- you're in trouble now. ;)

Jodi: Have a great race! See ya on the course.

Let me know if you guys need anything while you're in town.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Last edited by: MOP_Mike: Jun 22, 07 22:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too am here with my wife. We are both racing. Go Team Timex! I only check the weather by looking into the sky the morning of the swim. Hear nothing about a 25mph gust and if so then so be it. 40mph plus at IMAZ this year. Ironman is what you make it, regardless of sub 8 or sub 17. It's your day to make (or break).

Jodi, how do you find so much time to post to ST and update your blog? I, regretably, am tethered to a laptop and Treo but cannot match your ST pace.

Is Paulo your coach? I thought I saw Paulo tonight on the VIP boat cruise selling finisher merchandise, LOL. We decided not to go so we could go to bed early and attend the ST breakfast, HUGE lol.

Peace out.
Last edited by: hammerheadny: Jun 22, 07 22:02
Quote Reply