Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CDA 70.3 Road Trip. Bend, Walla Walla, Crater Lake
Quote | Reply
Wife and I are racing 70.3 CDA this summer and turning it into a week long road trip with a few other stops. Looking for advice on anything cool to do, breweries, restaurants, or bike/run routes (bear in mind we will be in taper and recovery)

Day 1: Drive from East Bay to Bend. Looks to be 8 hr drive. We are staying at the Tudor Inn, so figure we arrive early evening. Probably looking for a light shakeout run and then hit a brewery and dinner
Day 2: Drive from Bend to CDA. Looks to be 7 hrs, but not in a rush. Might be nice to spin for 90 minutes and have breakfast in Bend, then plan to arrive in CDA closer to 6-7pm
Day 3 - Day 5: In CDA for race which is on Day 5. Thoughts on things to do away from the race in CDA?
Day 6: Drive from CDA to Walla Walla. Only 3.5 hour drive, but the goal is to hit wineries in Walla Walla, any recs on wine or food? Maybe a trail for a light shakeout run?
Day 7: Drive from Walla Walla to Crater Lake: 6.5 hour drive, so will want to get an early start to maximize time in the park. Planning to ride the perimeter, just not sure if we would do it in the evening or next am
Day 8: Drive from Crater Lake to East Bay. Another 6.5 hour drive, but we want to spend a few hours in the park in the am. Again, not sure if am is best time for a perimeter bike ride, or previous evening.

Thanks for any feedback
Quote Reply
Re: CDA 70.3 Road Trip. Bend, Walla Walla, Crater Lake [milkman1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're going to Spokane during your stay in CDA, you might be interested in a helicopter tour. I did a tour with white rabbit helicopter tours in Spokane and the price was pretty reasonable. We flew around Spokane and all the way to CDA and back. I went to Hawaii a few months after and I was looking for a helicopter tour and the prices were basically double
Quote Reply
Re: CDA 70.3 Road Trip. Bend, Walla Walla, Crater Lake [milkman1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You won't have any issues finding wineries in Walla Walla. Just throw a rock and you'll hit (many, several, a lot).

There is a nice, relatively flat, paved trail along the golf course (and along Hwy 12). I ran there when I was in town a couple of summers ago, really nice for a quick run, sounds like you're not going to be doing anything heavy. I'm not sure the path has a name, but you can see it on this map view. Weather should be perfect. And, as a bonus, you'll get to hang out in my all time favorite city, so that's something!

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply