Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp
Quote | Reply
Ironmanjp is one of those posters on the classifieds who seems to always have high end/brand new gear inventory listed at prices that just don't make a lot of sense...that is, until you deal with this guy and find out that no sale is worth the experience he puts you through. I'm a pretty reasonable and patient person and even more so when it comes to buying and selling items on the internet, but this was just the absolute worst person I've ever dealt with. It would have saved me considerable time and emotional/mental energy were there something to warn me of ironmanjp, hence this post

When he listed a Felt cx frame at a huge markdown a couple months ago, I scrambled to sell another bike and other gear so I swing the purchase financially. Before the transaction, I did a little bit of recon on him and found evidence that he was a legitimate seller...and since money was tight, I 'gifted' him the $2k to his wife's paypal email. This is standard operating procedure for him, I'd learned. One buyer told me to make sure to tell him to add insurance because of some shipping issues he'd had with the Canadian shipping company Purolator. He checked out otherwise.

On 2/4, I send the money and Ironmanjp tells me he'll get it shipped out the next day. He says he'll send tracking as soon as it goes out and says he'll add insurance.

On 2/9, I check in for the tracking I never received. He says "I'm shipping it through my bike shop to get a better shipping cost. I dropped it off almost immediately but they've been closed for several days due to a blizzard here. I will check with them today to see what the status is, sorry about the delay." Well, I checked, and there was some snow but it was not a blizzard. I also called a bike shop local to him, although I don't know if it was his shop, and they hadn't been closed. But, we are all entitled to our shipping delays, and some people prefer to lie rather than be accountable, so no matter...

On 2/13, I haven't heard anything. I ask again for tracking information and a status update. He responds: "I thought I gave you one? It shipped a while ago, it's coming from Canada but should arrive any day. It wasn't shipped with tracking but it's insured." This immediately makes no sense to me, and I confirm with Purolator that it's not possible to insure something and not having tracking or reference information. But, it's only a week in, and once again, maybe he's a liar or a jerk or both but probably not a cheat, so I sleep ok at night.

On 2/17, I casually question how one ships with insurance but not with tracking. Two weeks into this thing, it would really make me feel better to have tracking information. He says "I use a shipping service through my company so we just bulk ship, we've never had any major issues with lost items and if we do everything is insured." On it's face, this is odd because he's already told me he ships through his bike shop. But again I give him the benefit of the doubt even though I know from Linkedin stalking that he works for an oil company (not a bike shop).

On 2/22, I ask him how long it usually takes for U.S. buyers to receive items from him. After all, on 2/13 he told me that he shipped it 'a while ago', and it should 'arrive any day'. Yet now he says, "They said 12-14 business days normally but it all depends..." He goes on to cite multiple instances where shipping took roughly three weeks or a month in his recent sales. On the one hand, I'm relieved at what seems to be transparency for the first time. On the other hand, I am annoyed because a) I don't have tracking, and b) he's told me in a previous message that it will arrive 'any day'. But I try to be patient, because at least now, maybe he's decided not to leave me in the dark.

On 3/3, there's no sign of this bike. I ask him to check on it. He says "I'll look into it tomorrow and have an answer for you tomorrow night."

By 3/8, I still haven't from him, but I try to stay patient even though I'm pretty angry about all this. It's been a month, and I've sold a bike to pay for this, and I've started spec-ing components and tearing down another bike, etc. I reach out again and he says he checked on it and that "they are trying to track it." Remember, he claims to not have tracking, but 'they' apparently can track it. I call Purolator again and they essentially say that they can't track it without tracking or reference information, which an international shipment always/definitely has. So at this point I'm certain he's lying to me, but I'm also pretty sure he's lying to me because he lied about when he shipped (or didn't) and now needs to lie to cover up his lies with more lies. So needless to say, now I'm pretty much pissed. My annoyance is defrayed a bit by him saying "I'll give you a refund if I don't hear anything within the next few days."

On 3/11, I check in again to ask if he heard from the "they" who were "trying to track it". Note: at no point in this interaction thus far, or ever, does he actually reach out to me to give me any information, even after he says he's going to and promises to. This is the worst feeling when someone has your money and you have no recourse if they decide to stop responding...especially as hours and days tick by. He says "Sorry, still nothing. We are waiting to hear back from the shipping company. I am actually going in there today to meet with them." Again, this makes no sense--I've spoken with Purolator twice at this point, and neither time did I even have to hold. But, I don't ask. He then tells me he's recently had a set of Zipps take over 2 months to arrive, and other packages which are also missing. This makes me feel so much better! He concludes his message with his characteristic promise that I am almost certain will go unmet: "I'll let you know today"

By 3/12, I'm furious. He hasn't checked back in, as I anticipated...but at each turn in this interaction I kept waiting for him to not be a complete asshole, because it was just impossible for me to believe a human being could not possess a modicum of empathy for someone who has given their money with nothing to show for it. I explain that I'm nervous about this, I'm out of patience at this point, and I ask him for a refund--after all, it's been five weeks, and he promised a refund on 3/8. He simply doesn't reply.

On 3/13, I'm even more furious. I ask him if he got my message asking for a refund. He says he received the message, but he was on his phone at the time. He says he will give me a refund "this week". He wants to make sure the bike is accounted for. He said: "I was told Friday that they have a scan for it going through customs and being transferred to UPS." This is just the biggest fuck you. On Friday 3/11, he tells me he hasn't heard anything. But now, he's telling me he heard on Friday that it was transferred to UPS. And, he can't be bothered to respond to an anxious email and refund request when he gets to a PC, or forgets, or whatever. He says "As soon as they tell me it's located or lost I'll give you a refund."

On the morning of 3/14, I call Purolator and they tell me it's not possible to have a scan of an item going through customs and not have a reference/tracking number associated with that shipment. They can't look it up by U.S. destination, and neither can UPS, and after explaining the situation, both shipping companies tell me again that ironmanjp is lying, in so many words. I send him a final private message asking for tracking information. He replies: "No idea, if I knew that I could track it myself."

On 3/14, rather than Slowtwitch PM him, I email him and start to confront him about how little sense any of this makes, and forcing him to explain how the shipping company is tracking the shipment without tracking, and escalate my demand for a refund. He says the locating is done "based on a series of bar codes of packages that were shipped that week", "one of 50 different codes", and by recognition, because, he says "it was shipped in the Felt box the frame originally came in so it was pretty easy to recognize." If I weren't so pissed I would find this comical. "Hey, Purolator, can you keep an eye out for a Felt box? Yeah, it's got the Felt logo on it. Somewhere between Canada and the U.S., I'd say"

In response to my refund requests, which I've repeated three times, he either refuses to acknowledge them or puts it off. He says: "I am also looking out for myself here since I was told this is a pretty common scam." I can't even believe he's serious. I'm apoplectic. I've Paypal gifted this person $2k 6 weeks earlier, and he can't even prove to me that he's shipped the item. Through ALL this, I still don't think he's actually a cheat. I just think he's a huge asshole and a liar and just about the most inconsiderate person I've ever dealt with on the internet. With badgering, he says: "I will provide you with either the frame or your money before close of business on Wednesday at the latest and hopefully tomorrow since today was a stat holiday."

On the morning of 3/16, two days later, I ask him if he made progress and if he still anticipates having an answer and my money by close of business. I'm at my wits end and frankly I'm starting to lose sleep. I am ready to light up the internet and the phones to expose this guy. I am planning to file a police report, call his company's HR department, email his wife, light up his Facebook, start a thread here, etc. But if I went nuclear like this, I knew I'd probably not see my money again, since I did Paypal gift, and since he would probably want some sort of vengeance on me. So it's basically a lose-lose proposition for me, and I just hate the situation I'm in.

Amazingly, I don't hear back from him!

On the evening of 3/16, his self-imposed deadline date, I email him again and tell him it's well past the close of business. He responds that he's sorry, he was out getting groceries. Apparently he was getting groceries all day, as I sat stewing. He seems positively upbeat: "I actually have the frame located. It's here in my city and going to be delivered back to me tomorrow thankfully. There was an old shipping label on the box and it sat in the distribution centre for weeks not knowing where it had to go." Good grief. With characteristic ironmanjp style, he says, "I'll send you through a PayPal refund before I go to bed tonight."

I lay in bed that night unable to sleep because I am so angry. He hasn't sent the refund, of course. I end up waking up at 4 in the morning, sweating, and I can't go back to sleep.

On the morning of 3/17, I consider booking flights to St. Johns. I want to bring physical harm upon this person. I send him an email, "Let me guess, you forgot?" He responds several hours later, "Just sent it. I got the bike back this morning and no issues or anything with it. I am going to build it up and resell it I think...or maybe just keep it!" I had gotten the refund, at long last. But even in returning my money, he managed to send one final fuck you. I mean, through all of that, I did want the bike, and had made considerable sacrifice trying to attain it, and this asshole is just unaware or is aware and bragging that he tormented me for 6 weeks...he seems just giddy at the end of it. Meanwhile, I'm exhausted, physically and mentally. I reply to him: "Quite honestly, in 20 years of buying and selling items on the internet, you have been the most difficult, most dishonest, most obnoxious person I have ever dealt with, and it's not close."

His reply: "That response tells me a lot about your character...I could have not responded to any of your emails and just left you hanging. Especially since you paid as a gift. If I were that dishonest I'd still have your money. Please...get over yourself."

In some respects, I'd almost rather he have taken my money right from the beginning. This whole thing was just horrific to live through. To this day I don't know what he was lying about or why, but I do know at no point in the entire transaction did he actually do what he said he was going to do unprompted. I have some suspicion that he never sent the item at all, or sent it very late, or some other combination of incompetence and dishonesty. Regardless, he made promises he didn't keep, left me hanging more times than I can count, and generally was just a total jerk for the duration. Good riddance, ironmanjp
Quote Reply
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just in case Jason jumps on this thread and tries to defend himself claiming "1 out of 100". I had the exact same experience:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=5896708#p5896708

I plan to chronologically detail my experience soon. But in the meantime, will forward anyone whos interested my 60+ email exchange with him and let them make their own conclusions.

This dude should be flagged in some capacity within the forum.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went out of my way to give kileyay a great deal on this frame and in order to do so had to ship it the cheapest way I could just so I could get some profit out of it, the method used wasn't trackable and it got lost, not much I can do about that but it's not like I went incognito the whole time, I responded promptly to every email or message I got from him and knew that he'd either get his frame or I'd refund him personally. I very often rely on other people to box and ship for me as well which isn't always done correctly or fast or both.

And yes, flag me, I'm a bad seller, if people want high quality gear at low cost and expect to receive it in a few days then don't buy from me! I ship cheap, very often not tracked (but sometimes is), and things have been known to get delayed either in customs or elsewhere for one reason or another.

Honestly though, I can count on one hand the number of bad experiences, which in the grand scheme of 'bad' aren't really all that bad, no one lost money or product and I have been on here for a long time and selling many high-end things for a long time, overall I think my track record is pretty good! It sucks when someone has a crappy experience but this is not what I do for a living.
Quote Reply
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [ironmanjp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmanjp wrote:
I responded promptly to every email or message I got from him

But it sounds like you never proactively contacted him at any stage of the transaction, and it certainly seems like some of your responses (assuming what Kileyay says was accurate) were a little hard to believe. I.e. you offering information about the shipment's whereabouts and transfer details but actually having "no tracking information."

So you think that as long as a buyer either gets a refund or their item, even if many weeks late and with a lot of stress involved, then people should have no reason to complain?
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Mar 22, 16 8:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didnt you just say it was "1 out of 100"? So was it one or was it 5? Or how many fingers do you have?

You, not surprisingly, miss the entire point.

Lets play the game that parents play with their children (maybe you dont). What if this scenario was flipped? What if you were on the receiving end of this type of behavior? How would you feel Jason?

Again - say what you want on here. You're a proven liar. For anyone who questions Jasons behavior - just let me know and I'll forward you my thread.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I buy something I just wait for it, when it arrives it arrives. I'm good with that. If it takes too long I'll contact the seller to follow up and if it doesn't arrive in a realistic amount of time after that then I expect a replacement product or a refund. That's the way it works for me. Anything outside of that would likely be a bad experience for me. The length of time it takes for me to receive something, which is either the product I bought or my money, doesn't determine if it is a good or bad experience for me and I certainly wouldn't oust someone on ST... but that's just me, perhaps I'm too easy going. That being said if I am full of panic and paranoia and can't sleep at night thinking someone just ripped me off then yeah, that would suck for me too and I probably wouldn't be very happy and of course that happened to me, I don't only sell here but I buy a lot too and I've had transactions that people would probably consider not up to par.

Once something is shipped it is out of my hands and I do whatever it is I can to follow up and help out but like I said I don't do this for a living and don't have all the time in the world to deal with shipping companies but I always do whatever I possibly can to follow up on a lost or delayed package and if it comes down to me having to reimburse someone out of my own pocket for something that was lost or damaged because I chose a cheap shipping option then so be it, it's a drop in the bucket and it's the risk I take and I'm good with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmanjp wrote:
Anything outside of that would likely be a bad experience for me.

So what is that length of time? 4 weeks? 5 weeks? SIX OR SEVEN WEEKS? With thousands of dollars out...

ironmanjp wrote:
Once something is shipped it is out of my hands and I do whatever it is I can to follow up and help out but like I said I don't do this for a living and don't have all the time in the world to deal with shipping companies but I always do whatever I possibly can to follow up on a lost or delayed package and if it comes down to me having to reimburse someone out of my own pocket for something that was lost or damaged because I chose a cheap shipping option then so be it, it's a drop in the bucket and it's the risk I take and I'm good with that.

See. Thats the problem. The suspicion here is you literally dont ship these items when you say you do. Why would you not provide kileyay with tracking - if you actually shipped it? As a seller, wouldnt you want to ensure the buyer that the "goods are on the way". And officially sign off on it being "out of [your] hands". But you dont ship them when you say. You lie about when they were shipped. You lie about how you shipped them. You lie about why you didnt make it to the shipping companies offices. You refuse to provide tracking and insure packages despite buyers asking for both (and as a buyer, i'm not balking at paying extra to ensure an international shipment).You refuse to refund when asked in a world where we have access to mobile devices that allow for immediate payments by claiming that you were "out getting groceries".

And please. You do whatever you can? Like kileyay - I spent hours on the phone with puralator trying to track a package that wasnt trackable because you hadnt shipped me anything yet. Weeks after you had my money. I also heard the "blizzard" story, and the "stat holiday" story. And the "just got home, spending time with my family story". All the while you're using my money and not holding up your end by delivering me what I paid for.

It's like you're incapable of understanding. And the continual follow up in this thread just exposes you further.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know whats most damning for you? You don't even refute anything said. You just dance around with your own mental gymnastics of why/how this is all acceptable to you. Obviously you couldn't refute any of this with such an extensive paper trail. But knowing your personality, I'd expect at least a feeble attempt. I was hoping you would. So I/he (and whoever else) could follow up with screenshots or forwards of the emails.

Does your wife know this is how you conduct business on the internet? When she sees thousands of dollars hit her paypal account - does she know that you simply dont ship those people what they paid for? Or lie continuously. Or break promises. Maybe I/he (and whoever else) should forward her those threads? Just in case she doesnt know...

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't use anyone's money. It stays in the account until the transaction is complete and everyone is satisfied.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread brings to mind a book I just read. It's entitled "The Sociopath Next Door". Surprisingly, about one in twenty humans display serious sociopathic tendencies. We interact we these folks every day.

YMMV,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not long ago I bought a crankset from ironmanjp and had no issues. It arrived timely and was in the exact condition described. For what it's worth, I paid him via Paypal WITH fee.

I have resorted to paying or requesting payment with the fee when using the Classifieds and Paypal. I've been burned by both items being in worse condition than advertised and also no item ever being received. In fact, I got burned buying a wetsuit and made a thread very similar to this...which was promptly deleted. This is the only forum I've ever encountered where negative feedback of sellers was not sought out, let alone prohibited.

Sorry about your experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This doesn't have anything to do with your specific situation but (to anyone reading)

NEVER NEVER NEVER SEND $ BY PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Stop. Just stop.

Then, when you know you havent sent the items that have been paid for for weeks after a transaction, and someone demands their money back - isnt it as simply as logging in to paypal on your mobile device and hitting that refund button? Or are you literally always getting groceries? I mean, I also shop for groceries. I even sometimes send emails while grocery shopping. Or text messages. I've most certainly even bought something on my phone while grocery shopping. I suppose you grocery shop very intensely - and cant spare literally 30 seconds to issue that refund. Its almost like you enjoy it on your end.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't that the truth.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmanjp wrote:
I went out of my way to give kileyay a great deal on this frame and in order to do so had to ship it the cheapest way I could just so I could get some profit out of it, the method used wasn't trackable and it got lost, not much I can do about that but it's not like I went incognito the whole time, I responded promptly to every email or message I got from him and knew that he'd either get his frame or I'd refund him personally. I very often rely on other people to box and ship for me as well which isn't always done correctly or fast or both.

And yes, flag me, I'm a bad seller, if people want high quality gear at low cost and expect to receive it in a few days then don't buy from me! I ship cheap, very often not tracked (but sometimes is), and things have been known to get delayed either in customs or elsewhere for one reason or another.

I still don't think you get the issue. It's the transparency and the follow through that you lacked throughout the entire exchange. From the beginning, you told me that you would provide tracking and insurance on the item. I did my research and from the get go, I was nervous about these types of issues. I myself OFFERED to pay incrementally for the insured shipping (that means no cost to you or impact on your profits). You not only didn't give me tracking or proof of insured shipping, as you said you would, you completely misled me in terms of the expectations on timing, etc. You told me it would arrive in a few days. Only later did the story change that this often takes months, or that it doesn't come at all, etc. Don't you think someone who offered to pay extra for insurance would also have paid extra for a tracking number, especially on an international shipment for a multi-thousand dollar item?

If you are going to sell items with validated risk of them taking a very long time or not arriving or having hang ups etc., you need to simply say that, and offer to upgrade the shipping option. This is really simple and basic stuff, and I don't think you are really so dense that you can't understand it, were the roles reversed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes actually. Usually when I grocery shop I have 2 kids in tow so yeah, 30 seconds isn't easy plus on the mobile app you can't refund. I also wanted to make sure I had the frame actually located before issuimg a refund. Scamming works both ways. Are you feeding this back to kileyay or making notes for him?

Go ahead, the altar is yours once again, preach!
Quote Reply
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:
This doesn't have anything to do with your specific situation but (to anyone reading)

NEVER NEVER NEVER SEND $ BY PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER.

I think I learned this lesson now. 3% really sucks when it's $60 you don't have, but boy would it have been worth it in this case....I thought I could spend that time making sure he was legitimate on the front end without having to spend the money, and I was right in the sense that he's not a crook, but wrong in the sense that I thought I could rest easy through the whole interaction
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmanjp wrote:
Scamming works both ways.

People who are out to scam you don't paypal gift you money with nothing in return, waiting 6 weeks to demand their money back. Do you really not see how incredibly selfish you are? "Oh, I wanted to be completely certain that I had absolutely no skin in the game or risk here, and that you would be the one to get screwed, if anything." It's like you're completely unable to see outside yourself to how someone else might feel, or how they might be losing sleep, in an exchange such as this, were the roles reversed. It is frightening, really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmanjp wrote:
Yes actually. Usually when I grocery shop I have 2 kids in tow so yeah, 30 seconds isn't easy plus on the mobile app you can't refund. I also wanted to make sure I had the frame actually located before issuimg a refund. Scamming works both ways. Are you feeding this back to kileyay or making notes for him?

Go ahead, the altar is yours once again, preach!

You're completely incorrigible. That's not the point Jason. It's 30 seconds. You could have refunded when you got home from this supposed grocery shopping trip. You could have refunded while taking a shit earlier in the day. You could have refunded using all the time you spend on ST while at your job.

Even if you cant refund on mobile, you can easily PAY someone back THEIR money.

You really dont get it. And I love that you're not going away so that others can see it too.

And this altar you speak of...I dont yet have one. But are you selling? If so, I'd just ask you give me tracking and throw some insurance on it. Altars can be expensive. I also heard about these altar scams too. Thanks.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I totally agree. I felt horrible but assured kileyay that he'd get the frame or the money. I assumed he believed that.
Quote Reply
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
This thread brings to mind a book I just read. It's entitled "The Sociopath Next Door". Surprisingly, about one in twenty humans display serious sociopathic tendencies. We interact we these folks every day.

Totally. Recently I said to a friend who was having a similar issue with a stranger who was contacting her online: "You don't know what someone else has been through or what they are suffering from. Mental illness, cognitive impairments, social dysfunction, etc. This person could have x, y, and z gong on in their lives. Try to be patient and understanding."

Before I started this thread she used my own words against me as I complained of ironmanjp. So, yeah, while I don't know what kind of ailments this guy is going through, I know how I felt through this whole saga, even as I tried to be patient and understanding of him, and I felt absolutely TERRIBLE. Nobody should have to feel that way. That's the point of this post--you can be your own way all you want but when you start to infringe on someone else's well being, then it makes sense to warn others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:

You're completely incorrigible. That's not the point Jason. It's 30 seconds. You could have refunded when you got home from this supposed grocery shopping trip. You could have refunded while taking a shit earlier in the day. You could have refunded using all the time you spend on ST while at your job.

Even if you cant refund on mobile, you can easily PAY someone back THEIR money.

You really dont get it. And I love that you're not going away so that others can see it too.

And this altar you speak of...I dont yet have one. But are you selling? If so, I'd just ask you give me tracking and throw some insurance on it. Altars can be expensive. I also heard about these altar scams too. Thanks.

Good to know... Buyer beware...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least you got your money back... but WOW!!! That's nuts...
Quote Reply
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
Not long ago I bought a crankset from ironmanjp and had no issues. It arrived timely and was in the exact condition described. For what it's worth, I paid him via Paypal WITH fee.

I have resorted to paying or requesting payment with the fee when using the Classifieds and Paypal. I've been burned by both items being in worse condition than advertised and also no item ever being received. In fact, I got burned buying a wetsuit and made a thread very similar to this...which was promptly deleted. This is the only forum I've ever encountered where negative feedback of sellers was not sought out, let alone prohibited.

Sorry about your experience.

There is absolutely no prohibition on negative feedback.

We have the positive feedback thread, but that's mostly because positive feedback is often not given, whereas when transactions go south, there's almost always follow up stating that. But if there's a consensus that we should have a negative-feedback thread, I'll certainly add that.

Sort of like a classifieds version of the Anna Karenina Principle - https://en.wikipedia.org/...a_Karenina_principle - "every good transaction leaves no record. But every bad transaction generates its own unique thread." So the positive feedback thread was designed to address that lack of feedback. As this thread shows, BAD feedback comes out...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmanjp wrote:
I totally agree. I felt horrible but assured kileyay that he'd get the frame or the money. I assumed he believed that.

Why would he have confidence that you were telling the truth when you had a history of consistently lying to him? You showed complete indifference to the buyer and you acted like a world class turd. You are unquestionably in the wrong here And from your standpoint the only thing left to do is is apologize. The difference between acting like a turd (which we all do) and being a turd is taking a deep breath and saying, "you know what, I screwed up here." So what is it going to be?

However, the buyer has some pretty big problems too. You attached way too much emotion to this transaction and you compromised your options to get out of the transaction consistently along the way. The PayPal gift wasn't the only mistake. You put yourself in the position where the successful completion was more important than acquiring a new frame should be. Predators need prey and in this instance you fit the bill nicely.

I love threads like this. They are the most honest ones on the forum.
Quote Reply

Prev Next