Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Building up a Felt DA with Di2
Quote | Reply
I've been racing 70.3's for the last 2 years on my Felt AR5 which I love but it's time to get a proper tri bike. I've been keeping an eye out for a second hand DA4 but I have impulsively bought a new/2013 Felt DA frameset and I'm looking to build it up. Problem is, I've limited (read none) experience. I got a great deal on the frame so I'm planning on putting Ultegra Di2 on the bike. Does anyone know of any detailed instructions on installing Di2 on a DA? Where is the cleanest place to store the junction boxes for a clean look?

I have a tririg omega x front break I'm going to put on as well. Does anyone know can an integrated brake hanger be installed on the DA for a clean looking straight pull front brake like on the new B2? Also, any recommendations for a crank?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Building up a Felt DA with Di2 [Bpa400] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a 2013 DA1 I had built up with Di2, but it was first gen Di2. I have seen the junction box on other DAs mounted under the stem like most mounts, or under or on top of the flat section of the bars. The other connection box went into the BB area like most di2 builds.

I had the tririg brake on mine and loved it. I think I had to put a few washers at the mount area so it would clear the head tube. Full disclosure; I had my LBS build it up, although I tore it apart over the years when I would travel with it for races.

I think all the DAs are bb30, so I had a Quarq. If you don't want to go with power you can get a great deal right now on Sram Force 22 BB30 cranks.

Nice trick I did for food/ gel storage was get the Trek Bontragger hardside bento box. I Dremeled out the front for the brake and di2 wires and used industrial velcro to install it right behind the stem area. Worked like a charm.

Get a some Flo 90s, put a wheel cover on the back and you will have a rocket.

Enjoy the frame, in this age of integrated super bikes the DA is still a fast bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2011 DA set up with Di2. I use thick double-sided tape to mount the Junction box on the side of the stem. It's somewhat hidden behind the handlebar. I use tririg Omega X in front with the hanger which came with the brake. DA uses a proprietary stem and fork, so I don't think there is cable hanger readily-available unless you make something yourself or modify the stem. I thought about it once but decided not because my frameset is small (51cm) with a short head tube and I won't gain much anyway. The internal battery is wrapped in bubble wrap and put inside the seat tube.

I've used both Pioneer power meter with an adapter from Wheels Mfg and BB30 Quarq, and both worked just fine. With a proper adapter you can use pretty much any crankset.
Quote Reply
Re: Building up a Felt DA with Di2 [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies. Would you be able to share a picture of your bontrager bento box set up you have? Sounds like a great idea. I'll be throwing on a set of 60/90 carbon flo's which I'm hoping to use for training and racing but we'll see, my longer weekly rides I do at least 5,000ft climbing and we get a lot of rain so they may not work for training.

Has anyone fit a barrel adjuster for the rear brake on the DA? Is there any reason it wouldn't work? I know a lot of people have had hassle with the rear brake. My AR5 has a barrel adjuster on the cable near the cockpit which works great for removing the rear wheel, and also came in handy when I once buckled the rear wheel 40 miles from home and was able to open the brake and cycle home. I heard someone say from 2014 the rear brake was updated. Is this true and was there much improvement/worth trying to upgrade?

Is the bayonet 4 fork available to buy as a standalone unit? The DA is already far more bike than my ability can meet but I love the look of that new integrated brake and somewhere down the road if I could get a hold of the bayonet 4 for the right price, I'd like to put it on. I assume integration wise it would be no issue?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry, its long gone
Quote Reply