Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Building base after injury
Quote | Reply
Would like advice on coming back after injury.

Crashed my bike July 10, fractured pelvis in 3 places. Been spinning lightly on spin bike since August 18, and I'm up to 45 minutes at 11 on the dial, at 95-100 RPM., Bike says around 115-120W.

Can walk at home, doing a bit of squats and crutch walking outside. Doing a bit of weight training .

I want to use Trainer Road to build to the point where I can start doing Sweet Spot Base Plans.

My previous FTP was 252. I'm 61

Do I set an FTP OF 200, ride for an hour say at 150W, and add 10% time every week, and in the time after a warp, do series of slightly stronger efforts of 200W for 1 minute/? I imagine doing single leg drills with injured side would be beneficial?

Thanks

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Re: Building base after injury [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a thick neck fracture I can sit on my road bike since one week again. A doc for pros wrote in my work book max 120Watt. For me 40min on flats with a cadence of 60 - 80 is enough the next time, 120Watt I touch in short intervals. The body has to learn to move smooth again first. Too much power will harm the musculoskeletal system. Building base power is on when the emboss are no more near inflammatory ..

All the best!

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Building base after injury [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cervelo-van wrote:
Would like advice on coming back after injury.

Crashed my bike July 10, fractured pelvis in 3 places. Been spinning lightly on spin bike since August 18, and I'm up to 45 minutes at 11 on the dial, at 95-100 RPM., Bike says around 115-120W.

Can walk at home, doing a bit of squats and crutch walking outside. Doing a bit of weight training .

I want to use Trainer Road to build to the point where I can start doing Sweet Spot Base Plans.

My previous FTP was 252. I'm 61

Do I set an FTP OF 200, ride for an hour say at 150W, and add 10% time every week, and in the time after a warp, do series of slightly stronger efforts of 200W for 1 minute/? I imagine doing single leg drills with injured side would be beneficial?

Thanks

1. Listen to your body
2. 10% sounds a bit high, while usually appropriate for run volume increase, not sure re bike watts
Quote Reply