Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George
Quote | Reply
and Kienle is pretty excited about it...

https://twitter.com/...s/849927709014855680
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [splashrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Game on! This will one fun race to follow - hope there is some coverage other than the live blog.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [splashrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very interesting...

I thought he looked 10-15 pounds over race weight at Super League, but my buddy argued that he always looks that way. Maybe he really was sick, or maybe he raced so poorly because he was in a big 70.3 block.

I hope he toes the line healthy and we get a taste of what he can do. I think he could be a long course monster and would be less injured with less top-end training.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You just made my morning:)

Thanks,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:

I thought he looked 10-15 pounds over race weight at Super League,

I was thinking more like 2 or 3 kilos but being pasty white makes you look heavier than if you're tanned.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Apr 6, 17 4:18
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:

I was thinking more like 2 or 3 kilos but being pasty white makes you look heavier than if you're a tanned.

That's my excuse, anyway...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that field is stacked. This will be a fun one to watch unfold.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
way2sloow wrote:
that field is stacked. This will be a fun one to watch unfold.

it always seems to have a really deep field
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanders isn't doing it? Doesn't he usually do it? You have to wonder if he'll change his plans with Alistair on there especially since he didn't get the race from Jan he wanted.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Sanders isn't doing it? Doesn't he usually do it? You have to wonder if he'll change his plans with Alistair on there especially since he didn't get the race from Jan he wanted.

Just what I was thinking. I bet he and his coach are exchanging emails right now:
Lionel - "I really want to go compete against these guys, and my swim is getting better"
Coach - "We have to stick to the plan to get you the 70.3 World Trophy"

I bet he's there in May
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does every thread have to be about Sanders? Is former Kona champion, 2nd at Kona 2016 and former 70.3 World Champion Kienle against 1st timer and 2 time Olympics winner A. Brownlee not interesting?
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NUFCrichard wrote:
Does every thread have to be about Sanders? Is former Kona champion, 2nd at Kona 2016 and former 70.3 World Champion Kienle against 1st timer and 2 time Olympics winner A. Brownlee not interesting?

No every thread does not need to be about Sanders but given the numbers Sanders is able to put out he is clearly the most talented athlete out there IMO. As Tim Don told me directly, "do you know anyone that can push 350 watts and then run 1:11, I don't". We didn't get our Sanders vs Frodeno fight. We want to see a fight, not Brownlee literally run away with it.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NUFCrichard wrote:

and an XTERRA world champion
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because he:
1)Won the race last year, beating Kienle
2)Rode this power file http://home.trainingpeaks.com/...QOW6DX47CBITBBVEOXSU
3) Backed it up with a 1:13 run on that run course

He would be a compelling addition to this race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who cares, Ben Kanute is going to spank both of them.

NUFCrichard wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right now Sanders is doing well.
I think it would be good for the sport if the best met more often in competition.
Just like in other endurance sports.

Sanders get attention because he is also sharing information.
Smart move from him.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not how the conversation went.

Lionel has always had St. George on the plan.

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tilburs wrote:
Not how the conversation went.

Lionel has always had St. George on the plan.

Cheers, thanks (again) for sharing.

Will block off May 6th on the calendar now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy piss! Very exciting. If there was one race other than the worlds that WTC should pull their finger out over coverage, this is the puppy.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erin will be at St. George with Lionel providing some Periscope coverage too :-)

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Erin told me at Oceanside that Lionel is in for StG.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is good news. Since I'm in the AG field at St. George, I look forward to taking all these guys on!
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will be Kienle's first race of the year I believe, wow this race got REAL exciting!!!! Really curious to see how AB does.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee on the start list for IM 70.3 St George [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownlee and Kanute form an alliance on the swim to create a big gap.
Both are strong riders and work together to build ground on Kienle/Sanders.
The chasing Ă¼ber bikers go ham and catch AB/Kanute on the Snow Canyon climb.
All together into T2.
Brownlee potentially struggles on the run if the heat gets up to 85+ degrees.

I don't know who wins; this is as far as I'm willing to predict.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next