Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brim Brothers power meter
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen a review for the Zone power meter manufactured by Brim Brothers? Where? If yes and it wasn't on the web, would you please summarize the review.
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers power meter [ericsteel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericsteel wrote:
Has anyone seen a review for the Zone power meter manufactured by Brim Brothers? Where? If yes and it wasn't on the web, would you please summarize the review.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...nces-production.html

It appears their working on additional funding via Indigogo at the moment.

https://www.indiegogo.com/...meter-for-cyclists#/

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Jul 27, 16 11:31
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers power meter [ericsteel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They recently announced both a further delay (to August) and an expanded pedal set (other speedplay pedals)
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers power meter [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that news is unfortunate...
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers power meter [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, good old Brim Brothers. I remember being psyched about the Zone years ago, like literally 5-6 years ago back when MetriGear was a thing and pedal based power was going to be all the rage.

I honestly don't understand how they have survived this long as a company without ever actually managing to have real release. Hell, even the DCR article that claimed they were finally in production is from 2014.

Even if they are in double-secret-production now and totally going to start shipping units without further delay (wink wink) I honestly just don't trust the first generation of a product that has apparently taken the better part of a decade to work the kinks out of. I'd be happy to change my mind once they have a real product out in the wild, but crowd-funding is a huge scam in general IMHO and I certainly would not be taking the risk in this situation.
Quote Reply