Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brim Brothers
Quote | Reply
I just received an email from Brim Brothers that there power meter is going to start to ship in August. I am really excited about this and think it will change everything when it comes to power meters. I haven't been training with power because I have been waiting for this to come out. So I am sure that I probably am the slowest person out there on my bike, since I have been biting my teeth and waiting. Though it still looks like I have a bit longer to wait. Anybody else as excited as myself for this?
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [PaulMoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got me thinkin'. Despite the fact that they are made for speedplay cleats, will they work on 4 bolt shoes? Best I can figure when looking at Rainmakers review, is that they are built into the baseplate, which is 3 bolt. Anyone have any info. Although curious, I am posting here before contacting Brim.
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mailed them last year regarding this.
They are not compatible to four bolt shoes.

sharkbait_au wrote:
Got me thinkin'. Despite the fact that they are made for speedplay cleats, will they work on 4 bolt shoes? Best I can figure when looking at Rainmakers review, is that they are built into the baseplate, which is 3 bolt. Anyone have any info. Although curious, I am posting here before contacting Brim.

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello PaulMoody and All,

Older info but interesting:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...sed-power-meter.html

Cheers,

Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
...and think it will change everything when it comes to power meters.

I don't know. I question how durable they are? I wear out 1-2 sets of Speedplay cleats per year.

Plus, I don't think I'd want to wear that pod on top of my shoe like that for triathlon. I usually have my shoes clipped in so when I hop on my bike coming out of T1 I'd be putting my feet on top of the pod. It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to unplug and lose the pod while getting into your shoes. Plus, I get out of my shoes coming into T2 and my shoes get pretty beat up throughout a season. I'd fear the pod would get damaged.

I like the idea of a power meter in cleats because it would be really easy to move from bike to bike, but they seem very exposed to potential damage.

Interesting idea though.
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

dude u gotta embrace this cheap bad boys...

my cleats are 3 years old and they look like new.

Edit: image is not working so just google keep on cleat cover

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Last edited by: camaleon: Mar 11, 14 11:02
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can understand having shoes clipped into the pedals and how that could be a detriment, but I don't usually do the flying mount myself so for me this is no big deal. Also my bike shoes tend to stay pretty clean so I am not worried about that either. I do figure a have a road bike, a mountain bike, city bike, and a spin trainer that I am switching between all of the time, and it would be nice to just not think about what I am on. Rather I would like to just hop on and ride whatever and have the data available to me. The pod system on the Vector pedals looks a lot more exposed to me, but then again I guess every method will have its critics. One thing that I have been happy with Garmin about is that they have a fairly liberal damage replacement policy. If Brim Brothers comes up with something similar. I don't see how you could go wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any news on when Brim brothers will ship relative to the August rumor??
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [trekker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just had a promotion last month were they were looking for testers from the people who were on there pre-order list. I didn't get chosen, at least I don't think I did, because I sure as heck don't have a Brimm Brothers power meter in my possession. I have written them also trying to get information out of them. They always respond, but don't give anything away. I am hoping for some word soon on a release date, but who knows.
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [trekker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the wattage group:

Launching at Interbike in September 2014 according to Twitter message:

https://twitter.com/...s/501976877566025728
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price?
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [Evangelist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I can't help you there. I can't look at twitter while at work, I was hoping that info would help people here.

The link was from Alex Simmons, IMHO he is a very reputable source of info. Maybe he'll chime in here with some more info.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
Sorry I can't help you there. I can't look at twitter while at work, I was hoping that info would help people here.

The link was from Alex Simmons, IMHO he is a very reputable source of info. Maybe he'll chime in here with some more info.

jaretj

price and details at the lunch event!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it looks like the whole system is gonna be about $1,000. I got this email the other day from being on the pre-order list:

"Hi, You're receiving this email because you are on the pre-order list for a Zone power meter from Brim Brothers. In a few hours we will launch the power meter at the Interbike trade show in Las Vegas. We want you and all the others who have supported us by pre-ordering to be the first to know the details that we will be announcing at the launch. We really appreciate your patience and support as we worked to bring the power meter to you. First, the name has been expanded a little to ZONE D.P.M.X, so this is the name you'll see used from here on. We're also launching a new website, with new logos and new colours. This will go live in a few hours. And finally the answer to the question you've asked us many times: the ZONE D.P.M.X power meter will sell for US$999. Over the next few weeks we will begin to contact everyone on the pre-order list, starting from the top, to give them an opportunity to purchase a ZONE D.P.M.X power meter. It will probably take us a number of months to work our way through the list, so when we get to you depends on where you are on the list. Thanks again for your support, Barry Redmond CEO, Brim Brothers"
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [kalindsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$1000? Cool idea and all but damn that's a ton of money to make my shoes look ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DCRainmaker's take: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...nces-production.html

Cheers

Stuart

===
iSMARTtrain - Mac training software for Garmin, SRM, PowerTap & Polar
http://www.ismarttrain.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a lot of different bikes and a lot of wheels, but only one pair of shoes. A great idea. I hope they succeed.
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [tevendale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it was just one ride by Ray, but man, the comparison to the other PMs he was running at the same time look horrible for Brim.
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but to be fair, some of the Stages data looked a bit rough in the early stages and they got that sorted out.

Cheers

Stuart

===
iSMARTtrain - Mac training software for Garmin, SRM, PowerTap & Polar
http://www.ismarttrain.com
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
I know it was just one ride by Ray, but man, the comparison to the other PMs he was running at the same time look horrible for Brim.

so much this...

how can you go to an expo with a "faulty" unit/algorithm...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
how can you go to an expo with a "faulty" unit/algorithm...

Well, one company is selling a faulty unit like hotcakes. Why not?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Brim Brothers [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I blame Bill Gates for starting the trend.
Quote Reply