Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BrianPBN Rules!!
Quote | Reply
Just a shout out to Brian at PBN for taking care of me when my brain lets me down. I'm racing Augusta this weekend and being the dumbass that I am, I forgot to order my EFS nutrition for the race. I ordered it today but it won't get to me before I leave for the race. Brian reached out and offered to ship it to my hotel for me to make sure I get it before the race. Customer service is the number one reason I go to certain companies, and Brian has solidified Personal Best Nutrition as the only place I'll go for my nutritional needs.

We tend to call out the bad customer service but don't make the effort to acknowledge when we receive exceptional service. I'm taking the time to thank Brian for providing awesome service. Thanks, Brian!!

"It's too dangerous and expensive to ride with d*ckheads" -tridork

Quote Reply
Re: BrianPBN Rules!! [craigstrispot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although I've never ordered from PBN, Brian loaned me one (1) aero helmet once. He is very helpful around here, organizing track night one (1) time per week and ocean swims two (2) times per week.

He used to be very fast, too, but now he's just old.

:-)

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Last edited by: klehner: Sep 23, 14 12:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Best nutrition advice wife has ever received & she's worked with a lot.

Helped her develop nutrition strategies for various 70.3's & IMNZ 2011.

SB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another strong positive feedback on PNB, and on Brian - as athlete, coach, and businessman. Our sport tend to "glide" over such high quality, silent, under-apreciatted resources, while focusing on more scandalous and/or self-marketing ones. Brian - keep doing all the good things you do!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has been my experience as well.
He is outstanding.

Checkout http://www.iotexpert.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigstrispot wrote:
Just a shout out to Brian at PBN for taking care of me when my brain lets me down. I'm racing Augusta this weekend and being the dumbass that I am, I forgot to order my EFS nutrition for the race. I ordered it today but it won't get to me before I leave for the race. Brian reached out and offered to ship it to my hotel for me to make sure I get it before the race. Customer service is the number one reason I go to certain companies, and Brian has solidified Personal Best Nutrition as the only place I'll go for my nutritional needs.

We tend to call out the bad customer service but don't make the effort to acknowledge when we receive exceptional service. I'm taking the time to thank Brian for providing awesome service. Thanks, Brian!!

Plus, he's my go to body boarding partner! We did a lot of "advanced open water swimming" curriculum "research" during that great hurricane swell in late August!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
willmillertriathlon.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: BrianPBN Rules!! [WillNJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to read, see good people like Brian receiving well deserved recognition. I second what has been said.

member CupCake Cartel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigstrispot wrote:

IM Louisville 2007 I ordered my nutritionals a month before but there was a production issue with one of the companies (they no longer produce endurance nutritionals) week before the race still no shipment Brian sent me what I needed from his personal stash.

His knowledge, guidance and counseling helped me to a PR this weekend at IM Maryland

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Last edited by: Billabong: Sep 24, 14 6:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't agree more.

There's so much nutrition info out there, and Brian always offers the right, research-based answer that rises above the noise. I end up not only buying what I need from PBN, but finding out exactly what it is that I need.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He helped me setup a plan for Atlantic City this year. We looked at some of my half nutrition plans and adapted from there. I ended up with a solid plan and was happy with my race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed:

1. He's very knowledgeable
2. He's very helpful in applying that knowledge
3. He's old and no longer fast :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your comments guys...always appreciated. With that, I do need to provide some clarity...

Craig: I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone who still races on a Ti frame ;-)

& for all you talking sh#t about how slow & old I am, let it be known that I ran a 16:58 5k this spring (granted....not as fast as I was, but not too shabby) & won the M35-39 at a fairly competitive ocean mile swim this summer (AND the pre-race nutritional strategy for that evening mile swim included more-than-an-appropriate number of Mike's Hard Lemonade!).

My athletic skillset now lies in the areas of chasing an 8&9yr old around the beach & stealing my son's bodyboard & GoPro to catch a few waves w/ Mr WillInNJ...

Brian Shea Hurricane Cristobal & a GoPro in NJ

As for the rest of the Brian-Is-Old-And-Slow Peanut Gallery, I'll see you over the winter Simple Stevie for a little SoFL smackdown ;-)

In all seriousness, thanks again guys for your support & letting me get up everyday & never having to go to 'work'. Catch you soon!!

---

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ditto

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've known Brian for half my life now. He's the man that got me into the sport and has played an integral part in my development! He is hands down the best in the bizz when it comes to performance nutrition and always goes out of his way to get product in hand when its most needed! Keep up the good work my man!

Scott DeFilippis
Professional Triathlete
Coach and Co/Founder
KIS Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: BrianPBN Rules!! [sdiycdiycdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott, I just watched the tv coverage of Challenge Atlantic City and you killed it. Fun to watch, man! We ran into an issue with a shipment and Brian is still going above and beyond to get my package to me before my race on Sunday. He is Da Man!!

"It's too dangerous and expensive to ride with d*ckheads" -tridork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian at PBN has every nutritional item you need. But most importantly he is THE GURU of helping us figure out each of our own nutritional needs. I have know Brian for many years. He is as good as the come as a nutritional expert and a gentleman.
Buy your stuff from him
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely agree! Awesome customer service/speedy delivery and I always enjoy the personal note from Brian on my order form. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to give a big shout out to Brian as well. Great guy, great company and it gave me the motivation to get into nutrition!

USAC, Health and Nutrition Coach
http://www.echelonhealthcoaching.com
use code SLOWTWITCH for %15 off
Quote Reply
Re: BrianPBN Rules!! [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And cranky. It comes with age...
Quote Reply