Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Break down Felt IA4
Quote | Reply
Yes this is ridiculous, well for us it is however I know we're in the right forum for help. I just packed my DA3 and its ready to take off on a jet plane.

Do you think we know how to break down the handle bars on the 2015 IA4? Not a chance and we can't find any videos.

She won't let me go without her! And she has a nicer bike. Help please? Thanks team! Bike Bag is EVOC
Quote Reply
Re: Break down Felt IA4 [ironjohnb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I guess I politely get to answer my own question. I understand why there were no comments. Either because you are as frustrated as me with Felts new IA4 or no one has had the opportunity to experience this yet.

As I mentioned my DA3 broke down lickity split!

My fear is not the 2 hours spent breaking the IA4 down off the bike stand it's putting it back together in the hotel today without one.

The bike is beautiful, and is great to ride but I don't recommend buying it if you plan to box it and fly away with it. ITS BEYOND BRUTAL.

Felt and their fancy bayonet terms? Fancy is the new stupid!

For the love of triathlon! HA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's not such a big deal. It takes more time than with a normal road bike but it's definitely possible.

Remove the wheels, pedals and seatpost. Attach the bike to the Evoc frame (I guess you have that one with your bike bag?)

Loosen the brake cables and remove the stem (leave the bars attached to the stem). Put the bars in the handlebar attachment that came with the bag and fix it to the frame.

Apply additional paddings etc. Insert the wheels on the sides.

Done.
Last edited by: datomakin: May 27, 15 3:41
Quote Reply
Post deleted by ironjohnb [ In reply to ]
Re: Break down Felt IA4 [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you have the IA4?

My guess is you DON'T

In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironjohnb wrote:
So you have the IA4?

My guess is you DON'T

In Reply To:

I have a IA1 built up with Ultegra DI2. Besides that it's very similar to your IA4. I also use a Scicon Aerocomfort instead of the Evoc travel bag but that also doesn't change much.
Practice a few times when you're not under time pressure and I'm sure it will go smooth in the end.
Quote Reply
Re: Break down Felt IA4 [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike!

The bag is irrelevant and maybe you're right. It takes practice. No comparison though to breaking down my 2014 DA3

Cheers!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply