Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boyd wheels
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have some feedback on these? Reviews seem limited out there on the world wide interwebs.

Specifically lookout at the 44
Quote Reply
Re: Boyd wheels [Bostonbull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll preface this by saying that Boyd sponsors my cycling team. We don't get the wheels free, but at discount. Having said that, I have 3 sets of Boyd Wheels; the carbon clinchers in 44mm and 60mm, and a set of their standard 30mm aluminum wheels (roleur clinchers).

All three sets have been great. I've put them through the ringer and they are still perfectly true, had no issues with the hubs, and have been very happy with the wheels. For the carbon clinchers, the 44mm set is newer and has a different (more textured) brake track than the 60s. I never thought the 60s were bad for braking, but there's definitely an improvement with the 44s. I've ridden them in some really bad weather and the braking was consistent and predictable. I've always uses the brake pads Boyd provides with their carbon clinchers and they seem to hold up well. I never saw the need to try anything different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just finished my second season on a pair of 60s on my QR PRsix. I've had no issues with the wheels, although I am not as rough on them as I suspect some racers are. I use the Boyd supplied brake pads. I did have to shave them down a bit to provide enough clearance on the rear wheel. Otherwise, I think they're great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.bikeradar.com/...sc-brake-hubs-51311/

Your Google Foo isn't very good. They are a smaller company with a good reputation for quality wheels at a more reasonable price. I haven't owned any, but friends who have them have really liked them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 60 and 90 with a Powertap built in on my P2 - clinchers - use them as training and race wheels - over 2 years - no issues at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Boyd wheels [andrewmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished my second season with 60/90 Clinchers on my Speed Concept. Holding up great thus far with a crash caveat. After last year's crash, Boyd replaced my front clincher through their crash replacement program. 8-day turnaround and didn't make my wallet cringe.

I too use the provided brakepads.

Also, I used them during training and racing for the entire season that just ended. Now in storage for the winter trainer sessions but will be my primary wheels from April through September of next year.

I am happy with the wheels, the customer service and especially the crash replacement program.
Quote Reply
Re: Boyd wheels [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
http://www.bikeradar.com/...sc-brake-hubs-51311/

Your Google Foo isn't very good. They are a smaller company with a good reputation for quality wheels at a more reasonable price. I haven't owned any, but friends who have them have really liked them.

The reviews and forums info out there is slim and hard to find, generally buried in other threads. I like to read many opinions/reviews in order to formulate my own.

One persons ceiling is another persons floor!!
Quote Reply