Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boulder peeps: hotel question
Quote | Reply
My wife and I will be in CO for a few days next month. This is not a training trip other than we might do some runs just because we both like to run, even on vacation.

Our tentative plan is to spend some time in the Golden/Evergreen area, then head up to Boulder area, then to Denver before leaving. Anyways, looking for a place to stay while in Boulder. At the moment the choice is between St. Julien, Hotel Boulderado and The Bradley Boulder Inn (in order of cost). Any thoughts on these places?
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder peeps: hotel question [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of depends on what you like. Can't go wrong at the St. Julien for comfort and class. And they have a great spa. My wife and I stay there every year as a staycation from Denver to pamper ourselves. The Boulderado is historic and quaint and less stuffy, although I've never stayed there. The Bradley seems right in between - more boutique than the other two. All 3 well located although St. Julien is right by the Boulder Creek Trail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
St Julien unless the cost is prohibitive. I've not been to the other two, except I've been to the bar at Boulderado and it's good

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a lot of hotel hopping for basically staying in the same area. I'd recommend just staying in one place -- like downtown Denver -- for the duration. From there Golden is 15-20 minutes, Evergreen 20-25, and Boulder 35-40. You could go do outdoorsy stuff during the day in any of them and return to Denver for cultural activities, restaurants, etc. at night. Or, head up to the real mountains (Summit County or Estes Park are both 90 minutes, or Steamboat 3 hours) for a few days and then come back down.
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder peeps: hotel question [sbrrepeat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2
Quote Reply