Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone.
Quote | Reply
She applied for a TUE and was denied. Not clear if that was a retroactive application after her positive test or not... 4 year ban. She argued for a reduced sentence and anonymous ruling so as not to impact her personal training business.

http://www.velonews.com/...-testosterone_455616

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe she should have applied for the TUE as Jen Schum. That double letter thing is a red flag.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Article on VeloNews states she applied multiple times for TUE.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
She argued for a reduced sentence and anonymous ruling so as not to impact her personal training business.

Screw that. Cheats need to go down in flames.
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, but the language used did not make it clear to me when she did that... Did I miss something? Not that it really matters.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Multisportsdad wrote:
maybe she should have applied for the TUE as Jen Schum. That double letter thing is a red flag.

Wow, double double letter. Might as well jump straight to the lifetime ban.
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:

It's super hard for men to get a TUE for testosterone. I believe it may be impossible for women because I've read in several places that there is no FDA-approved use of testosterone for women for any purpose. Not an MD, so that's google-fu, but it sounds plausible.
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
JerseyBigfoot wrote:

It's super hard for men to get a TUE for testosterone. I believe it may be impossible for women because I've read in several places that there is no FDA-approved use of testosterone for women for any purpose. Not an MD, so that's google-fu, but it sounds plausible.

I was on hormone replacement therapy after surgery which included testosterone. Once I recovered and eventually went back to racing, my ob-gyn had to change the HRT to something without testosterone since she said she couldn't, in good faith, sign a TUE.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if she did sign it USADA probably would not approve it.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Right, but the language used did not make it clear to me when she did that... Did I miss something? Not that it really matters.

“She learned before the Kloppenberg [sic] race that it was in fact prohibited and she needed a TUE to continue to take it in order to compete,” the AAA ruling read. “She chose to continue to take the testosterone, apply for the TUE and race, without declaring the testosterone on the doping control Declaration of Use Form when asked what substances she had taken, and gave her urine sample.”

The language is not clear, but I read it as...

She knew before the race where she failed the test that a TUE was required for her to race.
She applied for a TUE before the race (not sure if this was the first attempt at applying), but we do not know if the denial of her TUE was given to her before or after the race.

When tested, she basically lied about the substances she was taking in hopes that maybe the tests come back negative. And when she does get caught, she asks for special considerations because...you know...even though I knowingly cheated, then lied about it...my reputation shouldn't be tarnished.

All summed up, it just seems like another person who is so full of themselves, that even when the rules are right in front of them, they still say "fuck it...I'm special...rules don't apply to me."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She cycles and bodybuilds? How does that work?
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah... no red flags on this one...

https://www.hardfitness.com/.../onepiece/index.html

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:

I don't know, but at least she's a decent cyclist unlike a few recent cases where the offender was awful. She's not great, but at least decent (I don't know her - just going off road-results.com)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

You mean to suggest this chick ^ is on the juice?!? I'm just SHOCKED, SHOCKED I tell you...!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

https://www.hardfitness.com/.../onepiece/index.html[/quote

That is a scary looking tan. When beef jerky turns that color I know it's time to throw it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So weird you posted this. I just did a group ride with her and her male friend. She was constantly on his ass, bickering the whole ride. We were going up the climb to Carter lake, she caught me and got on my wheel. No big deal. Then she passes me and I get on her wheel and she slows down, turns around and looks at me, like she won't help pull to catch the guys ahead of us.
Once her male friend caught us and another female rider, she started drafting again, yelling at her male friend to get on the other girls wheel. All this for a winter training group ride. Once we split into two groups going different routes, the rest of the group commented on how she was behaving like a bitch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
should get exemption for being hot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a conversation with a female at the 2012 Worlds in Auckland who told me she was/had been taking testosterone for whatever reason. In her past life she had been into body building so perhaps that was where it started. To this day I regret not doing anything other than unfriending her in Facebook.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Jan 28, 18 1:59
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Evan more shocking, from the frontal photos, was how her bum wasn’t munching that suit. I mean, from the front it looked stretched taught. Women’s crackerjacks truly are physics-defying raiments...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:

It probably needs its own thread (and it's not even current), but I think you should check out Kris Gethin's Man of Iron.

Kudos to anybody that finishes a 140.6, but you know this guy didn't pee in a cup.
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.fitbyjenny.com/AboutJenny.htm

"Jenny has been consistently winning races since she began competing in Colorado this year, and has secured sponsorships for herself and her team. Jenny has even been featured on Denver's 9 News where she provided tips and tricks for athletes looking to dive further into cycling."

the official USADA statement is here:

https://www.usada.org/...ion-jennifer-schumm/

these kinds of cases should be lifetime bans. she knew exactly what she was doing and is a masters athlete so she can come back when she is 45 and race (dirty) for decades more.
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife actually raced against her at that 2016 Koppenburg. Humble brag - she finished 2nd to Flora Duffy that day :) I think Miss Schumm was 6th.

Anyway, my wife ended up getting tested after the race, along with Flora, and Paula Findlay (who finished 3rd). But I'm wondering if someone tipped off USADA for Schumm, which would make more sense since it was a pretty smallish race to have so many athletes tested.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't think any race with flora and findley is "smallish." i also don't think any tipping was needed as schumm already applied and rejected for a TUE so she already was on USADA's radar. it makes you wonder what kind of a doctor she was seeing who approved giving her a script for T.
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder based amareur cyclist/personal trainer Jennifer Schumm banned for testosterone. [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
i don't think any race with flora and findley is "smallish."

It was a field of 12. That's pretty small. There are, sadly, not that many large fields in amateur women's road racing in the U.S.

To the point of the other poster, I give USAC's RaceClean program (their amateur drug-testing program) some credit. They've done a pretty good job at showing up to random podunk regional races and not just the marquee races.

I agree that since I haven't seen RaceClean test down to 6th place very often, they probably pulled her card out of a tip or just plain suspicion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

https://www.hardfitness.com/.../onepiece/index.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next