Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boulder 70.3 WC roll down
Quote | Reply
Interested to hear if people were taking their slots to SA this weekend. It is quite a trip, but you also have a year to plan and save $. Not a ton of slots to begin with due to the regional allocation, but still a bit curious. Any primary sources?
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder 70.3 WC roll down [milkman1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched some of it. Seems like most AG's had the spots go in the top 15-20 athletes, with some going just to the podium. But didn't keep track or anything. Sorry but that's the best I've got for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder 70.3 WC roll down [GLindy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks that is good info. I was 8th in 35-39 but would have passed regardless, but was just curious if it was even moving past 1 & 2 for the big AGs
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder 70.3 WC roll down [GLindy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, monster race! That was an incredible bike and still threw down a big run splits. Kudos!

Secondly, I did not even think about the South Africa slot. Not even sure when they offered them out? I just stayed for awards, grabbed a pizza, and snuck out of the parking nightmare.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milkman1982 wrote:
Thanks that is good info. I was 8th in 35-39 but would have passed regardless, but was just curious if it was even moving past 1 & 2 for the big AGs

That one I do know: M35-39 went to 3rd and 5th.
Quote Reply
Re: Boulder 70.3 WC roll down [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
First, monster race! That was an incredible bike and still threw down a big run splits. Kudos!

Secondly, I did not even think about the South Africa slot. Not even sure when they offered them out? I just stayed for awards, grabbed a pizza, and snuck out of the parking nightmare.

Thanks, Alex! I was honestly waiting for you to catch me on the bike, but I just had one of those days we dream about when it all clicks.

And I agree on South Africa. I just watched part because it's fun to see people get slots for that stuff. Also send me a message if you want to get together for a ride soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seemed like most of the older AG's (55+) didn't really roll, and the winner or 2nd took theirs (except for 1 woman I think). Most of the male ones with 2 slots rolled to 10 or more. I really only know mine for sure: 45-49 rolled to 6th for 2 slots.

There were a couple of women's AG's where no person in the AG wanted it.

It's a big trip, but I am super excited about going next year. Never been to Africa before.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone catch what the roll down was for M 40-44?
Quote Reply