Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bottle cage strorage options... (with a pic)
Quote | Reply
I have been using a Garmin Virb on a saddle rail clamp lately to get some really cool pics on training rides (like this)... but now I have no room for my saddle bag.

I have seen a few different things on line... for today I just threw levers, tubes and Co2 into a bottle and used it on my seat tube cage... What are you guys using?
Quote Reply
Re: Bottle cage strorage options... (with a pic) [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, I came across a guy on the RBR forums that as a side gig designs and sells 3d printed cycling accessories/mounts. He uses Shapeways as his storefront and was kind enough to provide me with some CAD lines on a part I was looking for lines (personally having a go at designing something custom for myself..he doesn't offer what I'm looking for). He has plenty of Virb mounts that will free up your seat rail and mount instead on the seat tube. He can design something new based on requests too if you can't find one existing to fit your bike.

Note I am in no way affiliated with this guy and get no referral fees....just helping out a fellow guy out.

http://www.shapeways.com/...=Garmin+Virb&s=0
Last edited by: loxx0050: Aug 26, 15 7:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What you are doing is what a lot of people do. On my transition I have an X-Lab Gorilla cage and a Mini Cage Pod attached to a Sitero Wing. Never had it eject.

Of course, I have Sitero saddle on the bike, so everything fits nice and neat.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you must record every aspect of your existence you can put your flat kit in your jersey pocket.
Quote Reply
Re: Bottle cage strorage options... (with a pic) [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found this thing...

Looks pretty cool... easy to get stuff in/out of.

http://www.amazon.com/...le-Red/dp/B00LYAWP6C
Quote Reply
Re: Bottle cage strorage options... (with a pic) [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rambler wrote:
If you must record every aspect of your existence you can put your flat kit in your jersey pocket.

Yeah... you have it all figured out. I want to record ALL aspects of my existence.

I shoot a few pics of my friends while riding...

What a jerk off comment...

If you haven't noticed... Go Pro is doing pretty well in the market place. I guess a lot of people are doing similar things.
Last edited by: Donzo98: Aug 26, 15 9:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some pictures here on my blog of some XLAB options that I tried out for solo self supported rides. Although the bottle rear cage wouldn't work in your case for the camera mount, but you might notice some creative uses for a couple of mini bags that would hold some of those items. One was inverting a top tube mini bag on the seat post or just using it on the top tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Bottle cage strorage options... (with a pic) [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
I have some pictures here on my blog of some XLAB options that I tried out for solo self supported rides. Although the bottle rear cage wouldn't work in your case for the camera mount, but you might notice some creative uses for a couple of mini bags that would hold some of those items. One was inverting a top tube mini bag on the seat post or just using it on the top tube.

Wow... interesting. I saw the Mini Cage pod...

For shorter rides I would just stick it in the down tube cage. For rides where I need 2 bottles... need to find another solution.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In order to free up a bottle cage, we do have the Aero Pouch 300 which is a repair bag that wraps around the rear hydration carrier. The only catch is you would have to install it on a rear carrier that has a metal base (ie Delta 400/425)

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Bottle cage strorage options... (with a pic) [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candice - XLAB wrote:
In order to free up a bottle cage, we do have the Aero Pouch 300 which is a repair bag that wraps around the rear hydration carrier. The only catch is you would have to install it on a rear carrier that has a metal base (ie Delta 400/425)

Thanks for the info Candice...
Quote Reply
Re: Bottle cage strorage options... (with a pic) [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candice - XLAB wrote:

Candice... do the Mini/ Mezzo Cage Pods fit in standard (NON XLAB) cages as well... seems like they would.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes they do technically. Just make sure the cage has a deep top hook like the Gorilla though. Otherwise they could launch. The gripping arms of the Gorilla and the deep top hook help keep the pods in place.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calm down. I like water in my bottles. If your under seat storage is unavailable for any reason, you can still put your flat kit in your jersey pocket. It's euro-cool. You could also try one of those bento things behind the stem.
Quote Reply