Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boston Hotels
Quote | Reply
I thought I posted this earlier today but must have hit the wrong button as I don't see it. I just got home from Boston and am planning next year's trip. Looking for a hotel near (but not too near) Copley Square that is not crazy expensive (<$350). I have stayed at the W and Revere and like both, but they are a hike to the expo,etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Hotels [trimiketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything in the Back Bay or near Copley is going to be more expensive given the proximity to the expo and the finish. Other options near Govt Ctr and the Financial District (Ames, Club Quarters, Nine Zero, Langham) that would be accessible to the T. Also check out the Seaport Hotel, the Renaissance or the Westin near the convention center as those all have access to the Silver Line and are away from the craziness of the Back Bay on race weekend. Plenty of good restaurant options nearby in the Seaport.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Last edited by: Brian in MA: Apr 23, 14 17:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we used to stay in the copley area and then last year we stayed on the waterfront. hotels are less there, it's the same walk to tremont, it's less crazy, and you can walk easily to the north end:) i'm booking on the waterfront next year again we love it so much. good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Hotels [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
charlietris wrote:
we used to stay in the copley area and then last year we stayed on the waterfront. hotels are less there, it's the same walk to tremont, it's less crazy, and you can walk easily to the north end:) i'm booking on the waterfront next year again we love it so much. good luck!

THIS. But avoid the Renaissance. My last stay there was horrible. For $350 a night I got to pay extra for wifi even though I was a platinum Marriot member. The only had a double bed room after I reserved a King. I was seriously hung over after a concert and had to go to 4 different floor's to get a working vending machine for a gatorade. When I got a working one the outside was COVERED in mold. The drinks in the hotel bar were terrible. $10 for a rum and coke and it was mostly all coke which was flat. They offered no refund on my drink. Aside from it being close to the venue it was a total waste. I will NEVER go back.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The real key is to BOOK now! IN 2012 we booked the Westin 17 months early and got a better rate... plan NOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Book thru marathon tours. They had much better rates on the major hotels close to the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Hotels [kayano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can book thru marathon tours on friday. we love the boston harbor hotel. the price is reasonable for the quality and the room is big enough for a sofabed for our daughter.
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Hotels [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't speak highly enough of Hotel 140 on Clarendon Street. It's not fancy but the location can't be beat and the staff is amazing. I stayed there in 2013 and again this year. If I go back in 2016 I'll stay there again. If you book the day rooms are available for next year you can get a room with two doubles or a king for less than $300 a night.
Quote Reply