Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bont shoes [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I look forward to it-
Quote Reply
Re: Bont shoes [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tried just about every shoe around, including Bonts. Always had a problem with the quality control and the sizing is all over the place. I think they are too stiff and too flat with not enough toe spring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have wide feet and I find standard Bont Riot to be perfect for me.

Cannondale Slice 08
look keo pedals
fizik k3 arione saddle
Quote Reply
Re: Bont shoes [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
I'm typically a 44 (Shimano, runners), bought some 44 Bont Riot TRs and they were too short on my big toe. Bought on runout so I sold at no loss. Might try a 45... (need some soon after my Pearl Izumis broke the pull strap after only 2 months...)
45's arrived today. Perfect :) 1 size up on my Shimano fit.
Pull straps look sturdier too so hopefully I won't strike troubles there either.
For reference the inner sole is 282mm end to end.

Now I have only a week to learn flying mounts before my next race...
Quote Reply
Re: Bont shoes [H. Legs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I received my size 46 Bont Vaypor S's last week and they're a tad too big. I ordered them from Sigma Sports in the UK and unfortunately they don't do international exchanges -- I'm in Canada -- got to return them and pay for shipping :(. So, I just bought the next size down and will return the ones that fit the worst. I'm hoping the 45 will fit better. They're super nice though!
Last edited by: H. Legs: Feb 21, 18 13:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
What's the collective thoughts on the Bont Vaypor or Riot shoes? I am tempted to try them but they seem to have weird sizing. With the lack of brick-and-mortar stores carrying them, I am reluctant.

I had the mackdaddy road and tri shoes - vaypor s+ and sub 8 IIRC. Meh. They are good if you have wide feet. Quality is embarrassing at the price point. Fit is OK. I had issue with my tri shoes where they skinned the top of one of my toes in an ironman. It was quite a wound, I think it took 2 or 3 months to heal completely. Fit is goofy, I think I had 45s but run 44.5 in Sidi, LG, Shimano.
Quote Reply
Re: Bont shoes [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just received my Bont Helix today- Heat molded them, 1st ride tomorrow.
They look and feel great!
Last edited by: bootsie_cat: Feb 23, 18 16:47
Quote Reply
Re: Bont shoes [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you race triathlons in the zero plus? Curious how difficult it is to get them on if left on the bike for shorter distance races
Quote Reply
Re: Bont shoes [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If every second counts for you in transition in those short races, Bont Zero is not the shoe for you. Its a great shoe I love and use for longer distances, but it takes a few extra seconds to put on after T1. My suggestion would be to use this for 70.3 or full distance races, and for sprints and Olympic distance get a shoe you can put on faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Bont shoes [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. That's what it looked like, but I wasn't sure. Saw Jan leaves his on the bike but he's probably modified them in some way
Quote Reply
Re: Bont shoes [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree you’ll loose time (maybe 1-3s) if you do flying mounts. However due to the unique cleat position of the Bonts I’d argue you’d make that time in 3x on the bike leg. Unlike most manufacturers Bonts put the cleat platform slightly in front of the pedal spindal. This is largely why they became popular with the likes of Bradley Wiggins circa 2011 when he won the TdF.

In theory it allows you to stay seated and put out higher wattage from being “on top” of the gear as you pedal. It also had draw backs as you have to watch for toe overlap when making sharp turns. Originally when I was fit to my Bonts I gained 8W on my FTP but not everybody would see this gain. For me with oval chainrings it definitely did however result in more power.

My reason for not racing in them is they were too pretty and I didn’t want the heals to get scuffed up doing a flying dismount and having them drag on the ground as I ran into T2 with my bike. I ended up just getting a pair of Bont Riot TR+ for racing.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply

Prev Next